Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Minh Scent

Dead Leaves and Blueberry Chypre Hair Gloss

[No additional description provided.]

No reviews on this beauty??! On first spray, I get a blast of blueberries- so pretty! The leaves on this comes out slowly and twine together with the fruit. I am not sure what "blueberry chypre" is, as the blueberry note is similar to the one in Ella and Blueberry Pumpkin Muffin. Hmm perhaps a bit more perfumey. The dead leaves note is gorgeous. This is very long lasting, but not much throw. Love the combination and may treat myself to a full bottle before they come down. This is different enough from my other Dead Leave scents to have a place in my arsenal.

On wet, I get a blueberry note that reminds me to blueberry muffins. However, it dries down to a chypre with a hint of dead leaves. The blueberry is MIA at this point. However, this is one of the longest lasting hair glosses I've ever had on. I fluff my hair and its just like I applied it. It's very gender neutral, and sort of a fall chypre on my hair. Gentlemen, take note.

I'm very fond of the Blueberry Pie HG & Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins HG gets used heavily, too, so I knew I had to try this one. Apparently I love the smell of blueberries in my hair, because this is also a winner on me. :) The dry dead leaves & the chypre cut the sweetness of the blueberry note so it's a good choice for when I'm not in the mood for too much sugar.

Edited by alterosen

This smells good.  It smells just like you would think given the notes.  The blueberry is strong for the first few minutes, then the dl and chypre come out.  I think chypre is kind of cologne-like.  My partner doesn't like bpal's dl notes so I can't wear this around him.  It's a little on the strong side for a hair gloss (compared to the other ones I wear).  I think I'll wear this in the fall when the cooler weather starts.  Cozy.