Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Numanoid

Haute Macabre Hair Gloss

Oak Leaf, Bourbon Vanilla, Almond Husk, and Black Leather Accord darkened by a 13-year aged black Patchouli.

Boy this shipped FAST!!

This review, as of now, is just my impressions sniffing. I will edit/update when I get it in my hair.

Now, I never smelled the perfume version of this, but sniffing, I immediately thought this this a relative of Revenant Rhythm, but with leather! I smell the patchouli which is lovely. (this is coming from someone who usually loathes patchouli) I am sure it has something to do with not only the leather note, but I smell a hint of vanilla and oak.

Can't wait to try this in my hair....It smells like the grown up version of RR. Like, if they had a family, H.M. would be the black sheep, but in a good way. ;)

Got this in my hair... it is actually a lot stronger in my hair than in the bottle. It is leather heavy and the patchouli seems to take over. I was hoping this was how it was in the bottle...but that is ok. I am sure I can re-home this!

I have to agree with Numanoid, this really reminds me of Revenant Rhythm in the bottle, plus leather. When sprayed the leather really comes out, as does a bit of the almond. I also have never smelled the perfume but this makes me want to seek it out, the scent is gorgeous. Leathery patchouli with rich vanilla... I've been on the hunt for a beautiful leather hair gloss and I think I've found it! :wub2:

I haven't actually sprayed this yet, as it is sooo much leather in the bottle! Way more than the perfume, but I have realized both my bottles of perfume are aged. Thus, I am aging this a bit before use. It smells just like the perfume though, only with the leather amped WAAAY up. If you like leather you won't be disappointed!

Oak leaf, almond and a touch of vanilla. This smells like Haute Macabre. If you like oak and vanilla, give this a whirl.