Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
degaussingcrown

Sanju Rokkasen Atmosphere Spray

White incense and black currant with mandarin, verbena, and green tea.

Gah! I've never been the first to review a scent but hopefully I do it justice.

I'm almost always a fan of the Post's white or pale incense notes so of course I had to try this. I'm a bit picky with tea notes and I'm not entirely sure what black currant is I don't think, but I'm *so* glad I picked some of this up.

To me, this is mostly mandarin/verbena with white incense. There's a bit of green tea in the background if you look for it, but it's not loud and proud. It could be balancing out the citrusiness which I appreciate. This is a very spring 'til summer scent which will be used a lot at my house! Very bright, cheery, and all around just kind of light.

Maybe someone else would be able to pick out the black currant, but since I have no experience with it I can't.

This is great for Springtime! I love citrus & tea scents so I had high hopes for this one & it does not disappoint. Very refreshing without being strident or coming across as a cleaning product. I notice the black currant in some tanginess at the beginning & perhaps a hint of berry but it melds well with the lemon verbena & mandarin. I don't really sense the green tea but it probably adds to the citrus impression. The japanese incense shows up in the drydown but it's still pretty citrusy. Lovely! :wub2:

If you were wondering how it compares to All Souls with the black currant & incense, I would say it is much lighter & brighter all around with a completely different incense note. So, not very similar :D

This one is so citrusy and gorgeous. I get mainly mandarin, green tea, and a whiff of black currant and incense. This smells clean and citrusy. Love it.

MAN

DA

RIN

MAN

DA

RIN

Upon first spray, this is deliciously citrusy. sharp, too. it doesn't smell as much like mandarin (which i always think of as a very sweet, juicy citrus) as it does the bright sharp oil of a freshly pulled open lemon rind.

i'm using it in my hair. the black currant is now pulling it slightly sweet, but not sticky thick. the incense and the tea are adding a grounding dryness. i love this. it's so bright and clean and lovely.