Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Melani Robison

Hunger Moon 2016

When Hunger Moon hangs high in the sky, the fields are frozen, and game is piteously scarce. Sleet covers the ground, and biting winds chill to the bone. This is a quiet, cold perfume: desolate and despairing. It is a clear night sky that and bracing chill wind that bears the promise of snow, sharpened by the pain of hunger, and the sharp, rasping stab of thirst. Ozone, white sandalwood, crystallized white amber, verbena, oakmoss, clary sage, black pine pitch, and a hint of white citrus rind.

This reminds me just a little bit of Xiuhtecuhtli upon initial application, but as it dries down something more creamy comes to the surface. My skin likes to amp anything that resembles vanilla, and that comes into play here though I have no idea which note it is that's giving me vanilla. There is something green/citrusy about the oil that is then backed by something warm. Unfortunately, It didn't last all day. May need to see about a more liberal application. Definitely glad I got a bottle though

To me, Hunger Moon is a softer piney scent, with lots of amber, sandalwood, a whiff of ozone and citrus. It's a wintery blend, but not a Yule blend. The pine is well done, and it reminds me in some ways to a softer, more masculine version of Skadi. Good throw and wear length.

I'm surprised at how wearable this is and I'm actually tempted to go find more.

This smells similar to the previous Hunger Moons to me. It's got the sharp, clean, lemony verbena, ozone that keeps threatening to turn soapy, and super powdery white sandalwood. Clean, sharp, powdery lemons. The only difference is that I get a whiff of the pine from this one, but it smells like sharp, green pine rather than smoky pitch.