Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teamama

Black Phoenix Bay Rum

[No additional description provided.]

Perfect, magnificent, exactly what I was hoping for. I like bay rum with spices on me, but I am totally crazy about it on Teapapa.

In the bottle, on me, and on my guy: Spicy bay rum. Excellent balance of bay leaf, light rum, and spices. The rum note is subtler than the initial throw of the rum note in St. Clare, and less sweet than the rum note in Grog.

I can't wait for this to go up on the Lab's website, because this is going on my To-Hoard list.

This is lovely. It is pure bay rum, and a small whisper of spices in the bottle.

On my skin: the bay rum is there, but the spices warm up on my skin. It's gorgeous, and I think it would smell fantastic on a guy as well.

So glad I found a fairy to get this for me!

Thanks to a very super generous bpaler that let me test it from their bottle. You know who you are!

So this is mainly cloves and bay rum. It's manly, dark, and very piratey. Good throw, and EPICALLY low wear length on me. My skin just eats this up. 90 minutes later and I get maybe a super faint trace of it on my skin.

*goes to cry under the Tree of Despair*

Just got a bottle and it seems to have held up well. Mostly spices - the lab's warm clove note stands out in particular. The bay isn't super strong, and the rum isn't really boozy but is a bit sweet (though less so than the really sweet buttery candy rum in Grog). Together, it reads as a spiced amber and bay rum. As the reviewer above notes, though, it's got decent initial throw but fades to light skin scent really fast. While it's very pleasant, I don't think I'm going to keep it, since it overlaps with other BPAL blends but is much milder and I tend to prefer "stronger" oils.