Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
reena1

I've been away for 3 years! Send Help & Recs!

Hello Forum!

How I've missed you. I have gone through a ton of life changes including lots of moving and a boyfriend who hates my perfume oils. (Mostly because they are different but he did complain one day that I smelled like an old lady when we first started dating and I was mortified. Ha)

But I am ready to dive back in since I now have a fancy lady job! I want to try all of the new things but... I'm very overwhelmed and I don't know where to begin. There are a ton of new scents everywhere!

My favorites include:

Bastet

Pink Snowballs

Green Tree Viper (THE CARNIVAL IS BACK. WHAT?!)

Dorian

TKO

I like fresh and girly scents or sweeter scents that have depth to them.

I have also been using *gasp* commercial scents lately like Tokyo Dark Milk & Marc Jacobs Cucumber hoping that it would be a good compromise between us but I realized that it's BS. I love my bpal. Halp!

Hellooooo!! Welcome Home!! Kidding, haha, welcome back!

There are a LOT of wonderful new scents! The second half of your screen name, are you also a lolita? ;D

I only returned late last year, so I'm catching up a little myself, but to start off, since you've mentioned Pink Snowballs and TKO, you might like to check out: De Vos' Unicorn and Allegory of Chastity from the current "Art of the Unicorn" update.

De Vos' Unicorn

Sugared peony and rose-tinted vanilla with mallow, white musk, lavender buds, and a touch of apricot.

Allegory of Chastity

Blushing rosehips, pink rose petals, and vanilla cream with white jasmine and a drop of bergamot.

;D

Along with celestia's recs, maybe try Jareth? I'm not sure how old it is, but it's close to Dorian, with its own twists. Lovely blend.

Ethereal lilac fougere with gleaming leather and ti leaf, tonka absolute, white musk, and oudh.

The new Green Tree Viper is also a minty dream snake. The snakes are supposed to come back in stock this week, which would be within a few hours, I'd think.

This is more on the unisex side but Palmyra (Golden amber and galbanum with frankincense, myrrh, Balm of Gilead, vanilla-infused sandalwood, sand-smoothed leather, and Ceylon cinnamon) is in the same family as Bastet to me. Though definitely less sweet, it has the nice resin and spice thing going on, with some sweetness from the sandalwood.

Hellooooo!! Welcome Home!! Kidding, haha, welcome back!

There are a LOT of wonderful new scents! The second half of your screen name, are you also a lolita? ;D

I only returned late last year, so I'm catching up a little myself, but to start off, since you've mentioned Pink Snowballs and TKO, you might like to check out: De Vos' Unicorn and Allegory of Chastity from the current "Art of the Unicorn" update.

De Vos' Unicorn

Sugared peony and rose-tinted vanilla with mallow, white musk, lavender buds, and a touch of apricot.

Allegory of Chastity

Blushing rosehips, pink rose petals, and vanilla cream with white jasmine and a drop of bergamot.

;D

What great rec!! Thank you so much. I think I need to try De Vos Unicorn. That sounds like it would be my dream scent! I am also curious about your second one because of the vanilla cream. Yum!

Thank you everyone who responded. I seriously need to go through and re sniff every thing I have hahaa! I might have a decant of Jareth somewhere. I just gotta dig it up. I know that I for sure want to try the new snakes! I forget that the formulation is going to be different so its like trying them all over again.

Seconding De Vos's Unicorn and Allegory of Chastity if you like Pink Snowballs. They're both sugared, creamy florals. (And if creamy, gourmand rose is your thing, you should search the sales/swaps page to see if you can get your hands on a decant of Adrastea, this past February's lunacy. It's white rose with goat's milk, cocoa, and honey, and is pretty much what I imagine the turkish delight the White Witch offers Edmund in The Chronicles of Narnia must have smelled like).

You might also want to try Asp Viper from the reformulated Snake Pit - it's kind of like a sweeter, Snake Oil-y Bastet with orange added.