Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Oil Paper Umbrella Atmosphere Spray

Lemon peel and white sandalwood with sweet amber and black tea.

This one is a bit of an odd duck. From the tester, it smells like an oily paper umbrella to the point that I was questioning whether to spritz or not. I ended up using a tiny bit, and the strongest note you get is lemon, sandalwood and then amber. It actually smells pretty clean and fresh. Very spring-like.

If you simply went with what it smelled like at first sniff from the spritzer, you probably wouldn't spray it!

I completely agree with zankoku_zen. I tried this last night. Sniffed my decant first and thought it wasn't nice. Afraid to spray it and get a migraine. But then I thought okay I can deal with it, and sprayed it on my pillow. It was lovely and lemony. I really liked it. I'm currently wearing the Lab's "50" and they are quite similar.

I'm with the reviewers above. This spray is a lot lighter & cleaner than I expected (but not in a lemon cleanser kind of way). I think I'm mostly getting the black tea & amber. I actually wish it was more citrusy but it is quite nice. A bit more sandalwood would have been welcome, too. My search for a sandalwood prominent atmosphere spray continues...

Sharp, lemony cleanser scent with some powderiness from the sandalwood and amber. Makes me think of the way rest stop bathrooms smell, all disinfected and oddly powdery.