Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LizziesLuck

Lust Smooch

Unfailing golden arrows dipped in lust: shimmering amber and copal with red musk, red patchouli, beeswax, hay sugar, and a drop of Turkish rose.

I used this in the shower today! As usual, Villainess delivers an amazing sugar scrub, but this was my first time using one scented by the Post.

I have an imp of Lust, and while I do like it, it dries down to pretty much patchouli single note on me.

I did find Lust scrub to be heavy on the patchouli as well, but the red musk comes through nicely also, making this really sexy. The amber sweetens it up, but for the most part I could not detect the other notes, this is all about the patch and red musk. I really like it and am kind of wishing I had ordered two.... really hoping the Post will continue to collaborate with Villainess, it`s kind of a dream come true for me to have my favourite scrubs scented with BPAL (my favourite scents!).

For those who have never used a Smooch before, I think they are one of the most amazing sugar scrubs I have ever tried. Perfectly scrubby without scratching my skin, full of moisture without being greasy or clogging pores. They have literally saved my skin, and I am never without 3 or 4 different ones in my shower.

ETA: It turns out the listed notes are different from that of BPAL's Lust perfume. I didn't notice because I only ever got the patchouli and hints of red musk out of Lust, and since the scrub is all red musk and patchouli on me, I just assumed they were the exact same scent, but they are not. They do share the red musk and patchouli in common, but the rest of the notes are different.

Edited by LizziesLuck

Totally agree with the prior reply. Amazing scent, but also very exfoliating for after a shower. My skin feels softer and smoother.

Love it! :wub3:

Edited by Mergekat

I love the Lust Smooch! The scent is amber, copal, and red musk/red patch with a touch of honey on me. The rose is very light and I'm not sure I'd pick up on it if it wasn't listed. It does smell sexy, which I attribute to the red musk. :) The smooch formula itself is really great, both scrubby and moisturizing.

I'm in LUUUUUUST. Villainess makes the best scrubs on the planet, and all notes for the WIN, so this purchase was a no brainer! The scrub is nice and scrubby, but not too harsh on my sensitive skin. It dissolves slowly on damp skin, and it rinses with a magical combination of both clean and moisturized! It's not at all sticky or filmy like other scrubs I've tried. I didn't realize that this a different Lust scent than the GC, which I also love, until I opened it up to smell it, and thought, "huh...it's DIVINE, but different!". I get mainly a sweet, creamy, patchouli, but made red by the musk and slightly rosey incense. The honeyed amber shines through all golden with copal in the drydown, but the patchouli/musk lingers, and the rose adds a touch of fresh powder. It's just perfect for stepping out of the bath or shower, ready to go, but plays nicely when layering, too!