Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden amber and bourbon vanilla with sweet oak, blue lotus, and tea blossom.

I sniffed this at a meet 'n' sniff Sunday and the owner gave me the decant as she had a bottle (thank you!!!), so I'm skin testing it now. I honestly could not name a single note when this hit my skin. Soft creamy floral -- OK, I might have named vanilla, but I would have thought there was a cream note of some kind. I don't wear a lot of (any?) lotus, so it's not one I'm on intimate terms with. The amber and bourbon vanilla seem to just be melding things together -- no note stands out here, it's just this beautiful blend. It's got no throw whatsoever on me, but it has lasted for two hours now. Soft, sexy, a lovely addition to my springtime scents!

First Sniff Impression: Sweet, slightly candy-like floral

Wet in Vial: The amber and bourbon vanilla mix really well to make a creamy sweetness, and the tea blossom adds fresh sweetness along with the lotus.

Drying Down: Wet the tea blossom comes out most prominent. At the moment it's also pretty close to the skin and subtle. What must be the sweet oak or blue lotus starts to come out more strongly on skin than in the vial, though it's still all pretty well blended. It's really pretty.

Dry: Dry it goes a touch powdery on me, which is a little disappointing but also not unexpected with the blue lotus because I think I've had that happen before with that note. The tea blossom note seems pretty much gone. The amber also isn't very strong compared to how much the amber came out on me with Ivory Vulva. Overall it's a slightly sweet, powdery floral on me.

Conclusion: Kind of hoping this would stay the way it smelled on the bottle for me, but my experiences with the Vulva perfumes so far seem to be that they morph quite a bit with the least dominant note in the bottle coming out strongly on skin. It's pretty but I don't feel the need to have more of it at this point.

I got this in a swap just now, so it's a few years old. I'm so glad I did. 

When I put it on, it was a very faint clean almost floral fragrance - the tea blossom is softened even more by the vanilla and amber. Later on the oakwood comes out. I think this would be nice to blend with Baby's First Ballista from this year's Liliths to strengthen it. It doesn't last long and it stays close to the skin, but it's a very pleasant scent. :)