Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Workshop Atmosphere Spray

Thomas Sharpe’s refuge. Gears and grease and faded oriental rugs. Shelves cluttered with well-loved tools, piled with gears and mechanical wonders. Automata whirr and click from every corner.

Machinery made magic; the final manifestation of dissolving hopes and clockwork dreams: sawdust and gear lubricant, metal rods shining in golden afternoon light.

In this atmosphere there is more metal than wood. I imagine that the 'wood' part of it tempers the metal so that it is not too sharp. Same with the 'lubricant' note.

Metal, motor oil lubricant and a touch of wood and powdery amber. Overall though, this is metallic and gritty oil, with some wood and amber to sort of sweeten it up.

What garages should smell like. It still smells like a garage. But better.

I'm very confused. My decant of The Workshop smells absolutely wonderful, but is not a match for the notes. I expected the same sharp metallic note that I smell in The Elevator atmo and The Magician perfume. However, it smells almost like Beth's snow note found in Crimson Peak! I sprayed it again, and even sprayed a small amount on my wrist to give it a closer sniff. On my wrist, I get the metallic note I expected, but there is still an almost minty note like snow. No oil or lubricant, nothing sharp. This is almost like a spray version of Crimson Peak perfume to me. This is actually very refreshing, and I wonder now if I need a full bottle. If it smelled the same as my decant, I would be thrilled.

Edited by Poenari

Metallic cologne with warm amber and woods. It kind of reminds me of a department store men's fragrance. Sort of musky, warm, and clean. This one was okay, but didn't leave much of an impression on me.