Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

A House That Bleeds Nail Lacquer

The color of past glories awash in rage and terror: brick-red shimmer flecked with deep bronze.

Excellent deep red that is kind of a mohagony brown with flecks of a coppery gold and bright crimson (more red than gold). One coat on this one works well but I did two! Edited by Absinthetics

This looks like a dupe of Chanel's Feu de Russie on the nail. I missed out on that polish, but years later? I've got this.

Now a nail tech friend of mine has always told me that two coats is necessary. Uh. Not with this polish. It may have been me following this rule of hers, but it did get a bit thick on one nail. It's such a beautiful brick-red. This one, I believe, has been sold the most. I'll have to get a back up bottle eventually. I can find myself reaching for this for years to come.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: Red and bronze sounded like a cool combo.

In the bottle: Rich, deep and velvety red.

One coat: As ShowOrchid said, one coat might be enough if you've a practiced hand. It's as advertised - brick red with a golden metallic shine.

Two coats: More of the same.

31093_900.jpg

Verdict: This one is startlingly lovely. It's not a shade of red I normally wear, but I can see adding it to the rotation.

So this is either a deep brown red or a deep red with brown highlights. On wet, with just one coat on it looks brown. The red in it doesn't really show up until you're under intense light or in sunlight. It looks like a deep purple raisin burgundy color otherwise.

This is deep, dark, and vampy. LOVE IT.