Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jolicoeur

Chamomile? (looking for something specifically but will take any recs)

Hi :) I'd like to start by saying I'm not new to bpal, although I have put a hold on ordering new perfumes for now.

That being said, I've been really curious about possible chamomile scents lately. I'm not looking for anything medicinal or masculine, and I'm not even sure if chamomile would satisfy my need.

This all started when I used the chamomile shampoo klorane has and fell in love with the way it smells. It's sweet and golden and a bit herbal, but not at all medicinal. Warm, but in a slightly spicy way? I didn't repurchase the shampoo because the oat milk one works better for my hair but I miss that smell a lot!!

That all led me to wondering if there was a chamomile perfume that would fill my need. Does bpal have any blends with a chamomile note that aren't, as mentioned before, medicinal or masculine? Or is there a blend that doesn't contain chamomile which still fits my description of the shampoo? Maybe something with honey? idk..

Thank you so much for any help!

There are these two I can think of right off the top of my head that aren't too masculine or medicinal.

Against Idleness and Mischief- Pollen-dusted honey, diligent tonka, steadfast chamomile, and goodly hyssop.

Veritas- The essence of honesty, integrity, and veracity: frankincense, white carnation, angelica, chamomile, and heliotrope.

I hope you find what you are looking for and welcome to the forum (:

You could also try Libertine - Rosewood and chamomile with bergamot, violet, red sandalwood, primrose and Arabian musk. I really like chamomile too, and Libertine is my favorite.

I've never smelled the shampoo, but Sachs (Roman chamomile, bourbon vanilla, and smoky vanilla bean.) was the first one that popped into my mind. It reminds me of really good, slightly sweetened chamomile tea. A little herbal, warm and snuggly. I love it for bedtime.

The truest chamomile scent I've smelled from bpal doesnt actually list chamomile as a note.. but I grow chamomile, and can verify it 100% smells like it. The sweet milky, almost appley kind, with tiny whispers of dusty floral, and dry hay notes. Anyhow, the blend is The Day Burned White, from the Clive Barker section. The notes: Plaster and spraypaint, mottled with buttermilk – sweet, chalky, and edging on sickly. White and golden amber beams of daylight pour through the belly of the scent, while oakmoss and Spanish moss add a touch of decay.

I know, it doesnt even sound like it would be what you're looking for.. but if you could track a decant down, I think you'll find it a perfect match to rich sweet chamomile (thats not too sweet nor medicinal in the slightest).

I second Against Idleness and Mischief and Sachs. I'm also thinking of Door from the Neil Gaiman/Neverwhere section: "Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile and cistus". To me it smells like a honeyed chamomile tea.

Ahhhh thank you so much for all the recs, they sound lovely! I'll definitely get some imps of these with the order I'm planning. :)

The truest chamomile scent I've smelled from bpal doesnt actually list chamomile as a note.. but I grow chamomile, and can verify it 100% smells like it. The sweet milky, almost appley kind, with tiny whispers of dusty floral, and dry hay notes. Anyhow, the blend is The Day Burned White, from the Clive Barker section. The notes: Plaster and spraypaint, mottled with buttermilk – sweet, chalky, and edging on sickly. White and golden amber beams of daylight pour through the belly of the scent, while oakmoss and Spanish moss add a touch of decay.

I know, it doesnt even sound like it would be what you're looking for.. but if you could track a decant down, I think you'll find it a perfect match to rich sweet chamomile (thats not too sweet nor medicinal in the slightest).

This is definitely intriguing, if I get the chance I'll try it out for sure.

I'm also heartbroken that I can't get an imp of Sachs, it sounds really nice! I guess I'll stop being lazy and seek out a decant hahaha

Edited by jolicoeur

What about Fairy Bites (GC, from the Labyrinth collection)? Osmanthus and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid.

It's like sweet minty berry chamomile tea, really light and pretty. I'm not a fan of florals, but even with the lavender and orchid (two notes that usually get the side-eye from me), this is a very smooth and wearable blend.

I'd also recommend Glaucous Snow. It was a LE, but you may be able to find a bottle in swaps/sales. It's really beautiful. Description is: Snowballs of blue lilac, lotus root, Roman chamomile, sandalwood, and cade.

Taking the opportunity to pimp Lenus Mars. The chamomile is gorgeous paired with a blue type musk. I almost hesitate to mention it because it is my sleeper love from the Luper update and I want to hoard him but you asked so I am telling.

For chamomile and honey, check out the atmosphere spray, Burning the Blue Dark Around Their Moons, it is heaven in a bottle!

Edited by sprout

I would like to second Sprout's recommendation! Lenus Mars is just great. On me it is a little more animalic than herbal (the musk dominates and then gives way to ambergris), but the chamomile sticks around in a supporting role.

Sign in to follow this