Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lady_pandora

Planetary Magick: Jupiter

No description listed at the Twilight Alchemy Lab website

First of all, I want to thank Court for giving me the chance to try this--I might never have gotten to it, and I'm so glad I did.

For various reasons, I wanted to do a ritual to the Dagda. I've worked with him a little bit before, but not extensively, and I've sometimes had trouble connecting to "father-god" type deities. I dithered a bit about what oil to wear, but when I thought of Jupiter, the idea really seemed to click. For this use, my intent was more "Jupiter as planetary archetype" and less "Jupiter as specific Roman deity," since I was invoking a different deity but with some similar energies.

Scentwise, PM: Jupiter starts out strongly cedar for me, with maybe the slightest hint of sage? As it wears on, vetiver comes up from underneath to join the cedar. The cedar is generally more prominent in the early stages and the vetiver generally more dominant in the later stages, but this isn't absolute; I get wafts of each during the other's reign. The closest GC I've tried so far is Lear. Lear with some vetiver added.

I felt that the ritual went really well. The energy I felt was a strong, steady masculine one; there was a sense of depth, of rootedness. Also a frisson of "I could be dangerous if someone pissed me off, but I'm not pissed off right now" like you might get from a large animal at rest, power held in abeyance. It felt very ancient, and glad to be honored.

I know there's another side to Jupiter energy--the jovial side, pun intended--but in this use at least, it didn't really go to that place for me, even though I know both Jupiter and the Dagda have that aspect too.

I will definitely be hanging on to this oil. It will be invaluable when I'm in need of that type of energy.

Jupiter is cedar, sage, and a hint of vetiver. I was thinking more of Jupiterian energy - jovial, expansive, as opposed to any deity. I sort of got the impression that this oil works well as a "larger than life" oil, which is sort of what I was going for.

And this is robust, energetic, expansive. The energy is very different from solar energy, but very much the same in that magnitude. It's just BIG. This is my third planetary oil, and the vibes are all super different. Mercury is very zippy, Venus is potent but delicate, and Jupiter is just sort of boom, in your face, with a big laugh.

I may have to pick up a few more planetary oils based on this. Because I am totally digging the vibe in some of these.