Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Stray Poppy-Leaves Hair Gloss

Poppy leaves, tobacco leaves, mandrake root, and dried ivy.

Always hard to be first....I will do my best since I really don't know what poppy leaves or mandrake really smell like! :)

In decant: Sniffing this....I detect the ivy, which is a little sharp, but not eye watering. There is also that leaf smell. It is pleasant and herbal.

In damp hair: At first, I almost got a hint of some floral....it was almost "old lady" smelling (if that makes sense?) but then it softened up quickly (good thing!). It turned into an almost sweet herbal leafy type scent. I do not get any tobacco anything out of this.

After a few: It ended up being real nice! Kept the sweetness (maybe the poppy?) and a pleasant herbal-ness to it. I am one to not like green type scents but I really like this one. It surprisingly has a low throw and the scent seems to fade pretty quick, but this is nice for those who might have to work close with people and don't want to offend anyone! Also perfect for Spring/Summer! Edited by Numanoid

Oh man, this is a smoky poppy hair blend. I smell a touch of ivy. But overall, this is smoky, somnolent and oddly inky. I find it strangely autumnal because its a dark, sort of sleepy smell. It makes me think of poisonous flowers like fox glove. I imagine this is what belladonna smells like.

​I love this smell, its light, herbal and earthly.

All the leafy goodness dries down to a sweet floral.

I love the artwork too. :wub3:

I completely agree with z_z on this one. Smoky, somnolent, inky, autumnal. I don’t know about poppy leaves — I get the lab’s beautiful opium note, and this pairs gorgeously with Event Horizon.  Elegant, mysterious, femme f$@king fatale.