Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ordo_ad_Chao

Jotunheimr Candle

The Home of the Giants, the World Beyond the Fence. A vast, anarchic, and mighty wilderness of dark, wild forests and sharp, toothy mountain peaks where winter reigns eternally.

This candle is nothing short of stunning. It reminds me of my all-time favorite atmosphere spray Krampusumzuge, with the fir and snow- cool, sparkling, forest. The candle, though, seems to be more airy and clean and crisp and beautiful. It doesn't have the dirt and chains that dirty up that atmo. This is a glittering, gorgeous, enchanted dream forest.

I LOVE this candle. I want it to be a room spray like nobody's business, but still. I haven't burned it yet, because it's a gift, but it just smells amazing. It smells like a winter night but not like Christmas (which I was afraid of), a nice cold pine scent that is just slightly menacing. I took a chance on it mostly for the name, but I love it.

I burned this candle a few times before writing this review.

Jötunheimr has a very masculine scent. It is predominantly a pine scent accompanied by a harsh snow note, and I swear there is a stone note in this representing the toothy mountain peaks, too. The scent befits the home of the giants (particularly those of the frost variety).

At first, I thought it had moderate throw, which is why I decided to burn this one a few times before writing my review. When I burned it last night, I didn't really notice it much when I was sitting in the same room with it. However, when I left the room for a bit, I noticed that I could smell the cold, forest-y scent when I was walking down the hallway. So this one has good throw, but it does not get the award for BPTP candle with the most throw. Miskatonic University still holds that crown.

Edited by dementia_divine

Origin: One I bought off the BPTP Etsy. The other is (I presume) a decanted tea light that was an extra in a purchase I made from a fellow BPALer.

Initial Thoughts: I love a good pine/fir/cedar scent for atmosphere and I love BPTP candles. But this one went out of stock before I could place my Yule order. I lucked out on an Etsy update and nabbed it. And then someone gifted me a sample.

Unburned: Holding it up to my nose it smells very clean and snowy, a bit earthy, and faintly evergreen. A wintry landscape, but a calm one.

Burning: I lit the tea light and under the burning-candle scent I am getting more evergreen and less winter chill. A cool but comforting Yule scent.

Verdict: Love it. I may snag another if my wallet and another Etsy update align.