Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

It Doesn't Matter Which Way You Go

Brown and green musks, dry grey woods, coppery, bloody balsam, and ashes.

Okay, so I really didn't like this one. It started off as furry brown musk and vetiver ash, and quickly devolved into smelling like scorched fur and blood.

Final reaction: EWWW.

Remember Gore Shock?

This one was almost as unpleasant. Except on wet, it started off more pleasant.

On the other hand, if you're looking for perfumes that push the envelope of pleasant/unpleasant smells, give this puppy a try.

Brown Musk usually smells fuzzy to me while Green Musk smells smooth. So, the fuzzy brown layered over the smooth green is an interesting scent experience.

In the wet stage I didn't care for this because the Musks seemed to be clashing, but as this dries down the Musks come together beautifully. They mingle but stand out enough that I can smell both the Green and Brown musk individually.

The rest of the notes play second fiddle to the musks.

I can smell copper swirling around between the Musks and there's a bit of blood that gives this scent a slightly metallic tang.

Can't smell ashes and I don't know what Grey Woods are supposed to smell like.

This has a medium throw and smells dark...ish. I really love this. :biggrin:

Starts out kind of green and woody, with a touch of sourness. After a bit, the blend smooths out, and it's mostly a glorious musk, kind of like black musk, only less intense. This kind of reminds me of Panther Moon, but less 'in your face'. This one is very comforting and cozy, I'll certainly use up my half imp.

the copper and blood turn sickly sour on me and permeate through the woods and musk, which actually balance it pretty well.

it quickly settles to a mildly sour musky scent that if I take a loooong sniff I get copper (otherwise I can't distinguish the notes any more)