Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Bats Flitting Atmosphere Spray

Black tobacco and oudh with 5-year aged patchouli, bitter clove, warm leather, peru balsam, and rum accord.

As soon as I saw the description for this and clove mentioned as a note, I was hoping for something similar to Thriambus. This is in a similar family, and yet totally different - and surprisingly, I'd pick this one over Thriambus every time. Rich, deep clove with dark patchouli, and warm soft leather. I was afraid it would be overly boozy because of the rum accord, but the overall effect is masculine, deep, and sexy. :joy:

This is soooo beautiful. I get mostly tobacco, soft, worn-in leather, and Oudh. The patchouli and clove aren't dominant for me, just a hint of spiciness behind the leather. It isn't as sweet as I'd imagine from the tobacco, so maybe that's the rum accord, which I can't pick out consciously. I agree with GypsyRoseRed, this is sexy. It isn't so heavy that it's unappealing in August, however. Really nice. :)

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! The moment I saw the Bats Day announcement I honed in on this atmo and requested a fairy for it immediately. Tobacco is my favorite note ever, and I love clove and rum. Leather and patch can be iffy, but I figured it was worth the risk since they wouldn't be on my skin. And I was totally right! It actually smells better than I imagined it would, it's amazing and is easily my favorite atmo. :wub2: It's tobacco with incredible leather, a touch of patch, and a lovely swirl of rum, all softly enveloped by oudh and peru balsam. I can't detect any clove, but I'm pretty ok with that. Overall, this smells incredibly soft and smooth and sexy, definitely worth buying a backup bottle or two. :heart:

Tobacco, worn leather, rum and a hint of oudh. This one is essentially a tobacco/leather blend, and it's warm, rummy, and a little contemplative. This is like sitting out on your porch at dusk, watching the night darkness fall, while sipping on some spiced rum.