Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
MCS4096

Wormwood Factory

Absinthe, pink lime, yuzu fruit, and thyme flower with creosote and tar.

Oh this one is awesome!

Loads of yuzu, recognizable from Yellow Snowballs, and lime. They combine to make a sour, slightly bitter (absinthe are you helping there? I don't get much of this note otherwise..), juicy fruit scent that is almost green apple-like. I'm most excited about what I think is the "thyme flower", which really smells like thyme-- it's a slightly spicy green scent like crushed herbs-- stems, leaves, flowers all. The "creosote and tar" are not smoky or dank but biting and a little chemically.. they are faint though, and not at all central here.

When I smell this the mental image I get is of a bright green wave, rising higher and higher, then suddenly breaking and falling to the creosote and tar which are lurking far beneath the crest of the wave.

It smells decidedly GREEN, and a little corrosive... Perfect for the concept.

When I first apply Wormwood Field I get a bright and fresh burst of lime and yuzu. Underneath I get the smallest hint of absinthe, it's fleeting though and disappears as the citrus top notes start to dissipate.

As it dries, the lime has evaporated leaving a yuzu over a grey musk-like scent. It's transformed from a bright, yellow/green to a dark olive color. This is a unisex scent leaning more towards the masculine side. Surprisingly, this has a commercial vibe to it. I can see this appealing to a wide audience of men. It reads as a fine boutique perfume for a trendy dude (if that makes any sense :lol: )

If you're into yuzu, citrus and musk try this one! :)

Wormwood Factory was a bit of a heartbreak for me. It started off as awesome pink lady apples (yes, very much like the kind you get in the supermarket) and absinthe, and slowly developed in to a very clean, crisp, apple air freshner.

So, awesome for room scents. Less awesome as perfume.

This one starts out as a fresh citrus, kind of a strong one, as I do find most citrus scents to be quite light. Detecting no absinthe, just the pink lime. I do not like the creosote here, it is ruining the blend for me and making this blend too strong.