Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Lovers with Tortoiseshell Harigata Atmosphere Spray

Aged patchouli and ambrette with burgundy pitch, labdanum, orange blossom, gurjum balsam, and white sandalwood.

I'll pretty much try anything with patchouli, so this hopped right into my cart. The patch pulls ahead with the ambrette, but it's brightened and softened by the orange blossom and the sandalwood. The balsam gives it a tangy touch that keeps it from being too relaxing and sleepy—make no mistake, this is a sexy spray. But I can also see myself spritzing a room just to be surrounded by its happy, hazy radiance.

I think a lot of people will dig the incensy vibe of this atmo spray—it reminds me of some of the wonderful Fred Soll sticks I've burned. Earthy, sensuous, blood pressure-lowering stuff. Like the spray equivalent of a smoky eye done in copper, gold, bronze, and dark brown—smudged a little after a long kiss. Or y'know, a tortoiseshell dildo. One of my favorite atmos yet.

In the decant: Patch with some spices and a hint of the orange blossom.

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: This is sensual and sexy! Patch lovers, rejoice! This not a gritty dark patch, but a nice fresh patch that is tempered by all the other notes--the ones that stand out are the sandalwood, the labdanum, and the balsam. But no worries, this is still more spicy than sweet. :) And I'll save this for the autumn--it has that feel to it.

Gah! SO GOOD.

This is the sexy, earthy hippie scent of my dreams. I don't even know if I can say anything articulate about it, because it's like it just reaches into my brain and pokes the MUST SMELL EXACTLY THIS ALL THE TIME button. I am (sort of not really) ashamed to admit I've been dousing myself with this even though it's atmo spray and the skin on my neck reeeaallly isn't entirely thrilled about that -- the scent is just that fantastic. LiberAmoris's description of the color range seems exactly right to me, with the caveat that the scent itself isn't metallic at all; I get a very warm, smooth patchouli (not gritty or menthol-y at all) rounded out with incredibly rich wood tones and a tiny bit of lift from the green notes.

So, yeah, basically I need a vat of this to swim in. :heart: :thud: :heart:

I'm never entirely sure about patchouli but I'm glad I read the reviews and went for a bottle of this - it's gorgeous. Dark and sexy, a bit earthy, just beautiful.

I can't get enough. Deep, musky, raw; a great combo that I don't think I'll ever experience anywhere. Patchouli, Ambrette Seed, & White Sandalwood being the biggest notes I smell. Wish it was a perfume. I can't describe it besides post-coital, & laying about in hedonistic nudity. A first atmosphere spray for me, & has me wanting more. MOAR!! I feel a little sad that every spray brings me towards an empty bottle.