Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Discussion on the First Climb of the Mountain of Passion Atmosphere Spray

Sugared vanilla rose, pink carnation, pink peppercorn, cistus, Oman frankincense, white peony, white moss, and lemon peel.

In the bottle, the pink carnation is the dominant note. It pretty much dominates all of the other notes in this blend. After much sniffing, I can get a bit of the rose, moss, and frankincense out of this. This scent does seem like it would be appropriate for spring, and I'm hoping that I get more of the sugared vanilla rose and pink peppercorn out of this once I spray the scent all over the room.

Once sprayed, the frankincense note is one of the prominent notes, and it smells like a frankincense and floral blend at first. I also sprayed this on a blanket, and I can smell the lemon peel note when I sniff the blanket, mingled with the floral notes (especially the strong pink carnation), moss, and frankincense. The scent on the blanket is sweeter (thanks to the lemon peel giving it a candy-like quality), and I prefer it to the scent of it in the room (which has mellowed out into frankincense, moss, and florals). The pink carnation is the strongest of the florals in this blend.

I like this, but I'm not in love with it. I will keep my bottle, but I won't need a back-up of this one.

Discussion on the First Climb of the Mountain of Passion is so pretty. The carnation, peony, moss and frankincense are the strongest notes for me, with the lemon, rose, and peppercorn asserting themselves gently between those broader strokes. I'm a sucker for peony, and it's nice and complex in this mix—I'd call this floral forward but well balanced. It does a great job of capturing the colors in the art that inspired it—which, by the way, is so gorgeous with the tumult of fabric prints.

Wherever I spray this one, it smells like spring. After the winter we've had/are still having, I can't think of anything better. :D

Oh, so pretty! :wub2:

I get mostly sugared rose - it's like I sprayed the house with Hope, Love or Pink Snowballs. The peony is probably helping with that impression. I'm not noticing any carnation or pink pepper which makes me a little sad, but it is sweet, delicate & lovely!

I love this! I get a gorgeous smoky rose-lilac-peony incense vibe. It puts me in mind of throwing open the windows to do some spring cleaning and airing out while burning a floral incense stick. I love that addition of the smokiness, which makes what might otherwise be a basic spring floral into something more interesting and evocative. Definitely getting a bottle.

This reminds me a lot of Holiday Argument Diffusing Spray (carnation, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, Roman chamomile, ylang ylang, bergamot, and lemon peel) but with frankincense. And I get a looot of frankincense. I also definitely get the sugared part of the sugared rose, and it's lovely and candy like. I suspect, from having aged a bottle of Argument Diffusing Spray, that the lemon will come out a lot more with time.. I dont get much right now. Carnation is a favorite note of mine, and I'm sad it doesnt stick around here very well after the initial spray... I smell mostly roses in the long run.

For as much as I love resins and incenses, I find a lot of "floral plus resin" blends to be a little nondescript to my nose for some reason... As such I think I'm good with just my decant.

i am so glad i was able to go to my first will call...for many reasons! one reason is that i ended up buying this. i probably would not have looked twice at this scent based on the description, but my friend picked it up and we both smelled it and really liked it. it's so nice for spring, it's a very pink, feminine sugary scent for sure. i get mostly sugary rose and carnation and maybe some pink peppercorn and peony. i really don't get much resins from this, so they must be very subtle. the moss and lemon add a light freshness as well. overall this is a lovely springtime scent and i am glad i got a bottle.

Pink roses, carnation, peony, lemon peel and a hint of incense. This smells pink. It smells like smoky pink roses and carnations, and a maiden's spring.

If you like carnations, roses, and pink, give this a whirl.