Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aphrodite

Behind the Scenes Atmosphere Spray

Vin de Bourgogne with smoky beeswax, a splash of rose water, cracked pomegranate, bruised, fallen lily petals, and a smear of tobacco absolute.

Holy gods, this is obscenely lovely. I bought several Luper atmos, and I sprayed each in a different room, closed the doors, and then went around to smell each one individually. I sprayed this in the guest bathroom, and when I walked in my jaw dropped. I ended up spraying it throughout half of the apartment after smelling it. It's a really beautiful floral with a dark sweetness; the beeswax and tobacco come together in an almost chocolaty way. I don't know that I could really pick the notes apart as well as some could, but I do know I'm considering selling off 2 or 3 other atmos and just stocking up on this and putting it in every room. It's gorgeous. Really stunning. If you're considering it at all, try it.

Red wine, rose water, pomegranate and a hint of tobacco.

This smells like Madrid! It's got a lush Burgundy smell with a dark sweetness. Very sensual, very boozy.

Unfortunately, there is something that doesn't agree with mr. zee_zee's nose so this will have to have a happier home elsewhere.

In the decant: A red wine tempered by beeswax and the pom.

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: Very winey, but the lily petals are a little too forward for my tastes. W/o the lily, this would have been an awesome scent. As it is, it's pretty good, but the lily tickles my nose, and not in a good way, alas.

Edited by thekittenkat

Oh holy fuckballs. I'm so glad I read aphrodite's review of this; otherwise I might have let it pass me by. I freaking LOVE this stuff.

The same smoky beeswax note as the Candlelight atmo, with...other stuff underneath it to lift it up. I don't get classic lily at all, nor fruity pom, nor wine, nor rose. Everything just comes together beautifully to create one magnificent scent.

I bought a partial, and a decant, and will straight away be ordering at least one full bottle from the Post. Maybe two. And I have a lot of atmosphere sprays.

That's how good this is. :wub2:

oooh beautiful scent! first off i get pomegranate and beeswax followed by the wine, rose and tobacco, though i think this is mostly a wine-beeswax-rose scent. it's gorgeous like a room filled with candles and roses. absolutely love this one. :heart:

This is like the older, more worldly sister of the Honeyed Golden Musk, Rosewater, and Red Sandalwood atmo. Behind the Scenes indexes highly on the red Burgundy, with the beeswax, rose water, pom, lily and tobacco in close pursuit. In the air, the red wine and honey lead and the other notes inform. It's a bit like an upscale bacchanal, with an emphasis on debauched roses. I don't spray it often, but when I do, I always enjoy it and the scent lasts for a couple of days before dissipating.