Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
JasminDreams2010

Faery Shoppe

Note- I did a search for this, so mods, please forgive me if this fits another thread. I don't think anything in the recs was quite what I was going for.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a scent for me. I was looking for something that smells like a Faery Shoppe I go to visit sometimes. It's layers and layers of incense upon incense, dragons blood, glitter, ferns, books, magical herbs, dried flowers, amber, honey incense, candles and just basic wonderfulness :-) . You get the picture :-) it's stepping into another world. I also associate it with going hiking so adding some outdoorsy whiffs might be fine too.

I love Fairy Market, but only have the one bottle and it is now out of stock. Also, I consider fairy market a springtime scent and I was looking for something a bit autumnal, if possible. And it may be a lot to ask, but I would love to find something like this in the GC so I can hoard and hoard :-)

Thank you

You might be interested in trying the Fae Forest atmo by BPTP. :)

I can't brain right now, but I know the scent you're looking for. It's somewhere in my scent memoryyyyyy~

Maybe Floating Market? A cacophony of curious scents: copaiba balsam, petitgrain, citrus rind, sinicuichi accord, betel nut, wasabi root, coconut palm, and wattleseed layered atop innumerable strange herbs, spices, and woods.

I'm pretty sure I know the smell you're talking about. There used to be a metaphysical/magic-y shop near me that had the kind of scent you're describimg. It's very distinctive.

You might try layering more than one scent to get the desired combination. Like for the incense-y component try:

Snake Charmer Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.) (that one's pretty rare though. People like to hang on to their bottles because it's good!)

Snake Oil Magnetic, mysterious, and exceedingly sexual in nature. A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla. (This one smells similar to Snake Charmer and has the added benefit of being available to buy from the lab)

Scherezade A master storyteller who possessed unfailing courage and compassion, a sharp, quick wit, and a true understanding of human nature. Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

Snake Oil and Scherezade also have that incense-y thing going on and they're GC. There's also Snake Oil hair gloss and (I think) bath oil if you don't want to put two perfumes right on top of each other.

For the "books" component you could try:

The Buggre Alle This Bible Crumbling paper and ancient cracked leather with a touch of tobacco leaf and incense.

Aziraphale Ethereal musk, blonde woods, and dusty Bible accord.

Both of those are from the Good Omens series. There are other book type scents but they're not coming to mind right now.

Green planty type scents aren't my favorite so someone else will have to help you with the "outdoorsy" part. I'd start with Rappaccini's Garden as a place to look. There are also plenty of scents that have a dirt/soil component (which I really dislike in my perfumes so you'll have to get recs from someone else on that front too :lol: )

Some other ones that might fit into this theme:

Dee His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods. (Dee smells herbal-y to me. Not sharp, intense, freshly cut herbs but the leather rounds it out and mellows it down)

If you specifically want dragon's blood look in the Ars Draconis section. Those scents are all dragon's blood all the time. The vast majority if not all the scents in that section have dragon's blood as a base with other notes overtop.

WHEW... Sorry that got a little out of hand. I hope some of it helps and doesn't confuse you too much :P

Edited by unlaced

I would suggest Dragon's Milk, Osun, Bard, Thieves Rosin, Parliament of Monsters (my favorite incense blend!), Morgause(purple but pretty incense and velvetly/glittery to me), Chimera, Fae, Lyonesse, All in a Golden Afternoon, and No. 93 Engine.

More atmospheric, but I would also suggest Forest Reverie: A sunlit ancient forest, dotted with wild roses, grape vine, and queenly lilies, clothed in swirls of opium smoke.

Best of luck!

Snake oil has become a go-to for me lately. Holy flaming poop balls, snake charmer sounds great!!

It is! :yum: But many, many people also think so. It's not that it's impossible to get but finding one in the swaps/sales is tricky. Mostly a lot of luck, being in the right place at the right time, and having something equally rare and/or that the person really wants.

To me, it really does have the same vibe/feeling that Snake Oil does. It's a bit more complex IIRC, but sometimes simple is better. I know that for me sometimes a scent with a paragraph long components list is just too complex and just makes the scent seem muddled. Taken to the extreme, I can't resist single notes. Why? I dunno. Even if it's a scent I'm not particularly sure I'd like, I have to have it because it's a single note. :lol: To each their own though.

Edited by unlaced

2nd-ing: Floating Market and Dee

Some more to consider:

La Lethe: Red musk and sweat-damp golden skin musk with labdanum, golden amber, nutmeg, tobacco absolute, black orchid, and hemlock accord.

Wings of Azrael: Warm myrrh swirled with a bittersweet blend of violet, Lily of the Valley, juniper, cypess and cajeput.

The Caterpillar: Heavy incense notes waft lazily through a mix of carnation, jasmine, bergamot, and neroli over a lush bed of dark mosses, iris blossom, deep patchouli and indolent vetiver.

Evil + Elf + Mage: Smouldering opium tar, tobacco absolute, green tea, black plum, kush, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, and costus root + Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry + gurjum balsam, Sumatran dragon's blood resin, olibanum, galangal, oleo gum resin, and frankincense

Sign in to follow this