Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Lady Fleming's Gingerbread Atmosphere Spray

Scent your home like a 17th century manor house at Yuletide! Warm gingerbread crafted with almonds, dates, aniseed, raw ginger root, and cinnamon.

Review: Strongly almond dominant with sharp ginger and smooth cinnamon in second. The cinnamon will edge ginger into third if you wait. Dates are strong support to the almonds. The bready part of gingerbread takes a little longer to assemble, but is well worth it eventually pushing ahead of the cinnamon. The anise seed is soft, but lovely. This is gorgeous as it settles.

This is gingerbread. Perfect, soft chewy gingerbread with almond frosting.

Edit: This seems to have a black tea note somewhere in it unless my nose deceives me. Sometimes an almost perfumy edge appears, but mostly this is bread-y ginger. Delicious.

Edited by patina

I got my Lady Fleming's Gingerbread atmo spray late-ish in the Yule season last year, and put it away so I'd have a spray to use this year while waiting for my Yule order. This proved to be a good plan, and I'm so glad I picked this one! It smells just like gingerbread, and definitely put me in the right seasonal spirit, especially since I didn't do any holiday baking this year. When I wanted a hit of baked goods, I just spritzed as needed. ;)

I've also layered this atmo with other Yule sprays in order to achieve maximum holiday goodness...it goes well with Sugar Plum and Vanilla Bean!

Foodie alert! So I get almonds, dates, cinnamon and then a bed of gingerbread. This smells like someone has been baking up gingerbread. No joke.

And yes, holiday cheer and all that jazz is great, but I mean, warm baked gingerbread! Let's face it, part of the reason you love the holidays is the baked goods.

Nuts. Now I'm totally craving gingerbread.

Note: I sprayed this on a paper towel to test it out.

This starts off as spicy gingerbread, emphasis on the ginger, with some raw ginger to boot. Then the anise becomes more noticeable after a while, much to my dismay, so that it smells like anise-y gingerbread. Fortunately, it ends up veering out of that phase, too, and ends up being a nice gingerbread (no more raw ginger, though) accompanied by some nuts and a light date note.

This is a nice gingerbread atmo, although I wish I didn't smell any of the anise!