Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hey everyone!

So as I've mentioned in the compliments thread, my boyfriend is crazy about Tombeur, and I love to drive him crazy ;)

But as you can all appreciate, I'm just not a one-scent girl - so, can anyone recommend scents that are similar to Tombeur so I can switch it up and still be pleasing to the boy's nose? Unhelpfully, I'm really not sure which note(s) in the scent I specifically amp or what appeals to him in particular, but hey, it's always fun to experiment with new scents!

Thanks for your help!

Patchouli and Vetiver tend to be very ampy scents on people, so if he likes the spicy notes, try blends with those.

Snake Oil seems like it's very much in the same family, with the sugared spices. Everyone says it's better aged, so if you want to look for an aged imp to try, the forums often have a few.

I haven't smelled Tombeur, but the thing I think might come closest note-wise is Typhon: Our own blend of Earth and Hell: red patchouli, sandalwood, black musk and vetiver.

(Snake Oil is obvious, since it mentions it having a trickle of Snake Oil in it already, too.)

For things that are not DC, I might say The Scales of Deprivation (lemon peel, white sage, frankincense, lavender fougere, sandalwood, vetiver and labdanum) and Death on a Pale Horse (The End of All Things: empty white musk and mint seeped with solemn lavender, doleful patchouli and vetiver, scythe-sharp yuzu and lime, with geranium bourbon, white sandalwood and calla lily).

Thanks Zii and Trickster! I've already got Snake Oil, and love it, although it's not that aged so that might work. Trickster, I've checked out the reviews for those scents and they sound quite masculine. I might pick up imps anyways and see if they work on one of us :lol: Anyone have recs for more feminine scents?

If you can find it, Lilith Victoria reminds me of a sweeter, more lavender-y Tombeur, especially as it has aged. A lot of the heavy red musk LEs have been similar for me as well.

Maybe try these for GCs:

Le Lethe (Ars Amatoria): "Red musk and sweat-damp golden skin musk with labdanum, golden amber, nutmeg, tobacco absolute, black orchid, and hemlock accord."

Bloodlust (Diabolus): "Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon."

Fenris Wolf (Diabolus): "Rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood."

Sin (Sin & Salvation): "Thouroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon." This doesn't list red musk, but it smells red musky to me.. and similar to Satyr.

The King of Hearts (Mad Tea Party): "Rosewood and black cherry with white musk, red rose, red musk and a spark of lavender."

Tombeur is in my top 5 scents! On my skin Crowley is really similar to Tombeur, just with a subtle lilac instead of lavender.