Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

Harvest Moon 2013

Red roses and wild red leaves.

This is leaves and roses at first. The leaves are a bit sharp, and my daughter commented "what smells like dirt in here", when she got into the car. After a bit, more rose, and it's a lovely sweet pink rose. So really, it kind of smells like Zombi to me, though the rose is sweeter here. It fades pretty fast, but the leaf/dirt note isn't meshing with me that much anyways.

ITI: Bitter, bitter autumnal leaves with a light undertone of rose.

Wet: It certainly is an autumnal scent. The bitter leaves evoke the smell of walking through brown, gold, and orange leaves strewn on the grown after the first big windstorm. There is a light rose powderiness to it, but the leaves are just too strong to provide the balance that I'd like to have smelled.

Dry: Most of the acrid leaf notes have died down to reveal a deep red rose coming to a close in autumnal dusk. Much nicer when dried.

Wet, the leaves and roses are very green and fresh. Almost like stems instead of blooms, and not the lab's dead leaf note like I was expecting.

Dry, the sweetness of the rose comes out more. This is not an autumnal smelling blend, like I expected, but it's beautiful nonetheless. I think I will really enjoy wearing it in Spring.

I apparently never got around to reviewing this despite having and loving my bottle of this since its original run, so. It's a simple, pretty blend of fresh rose and dry autumn leaves. The leaves are slightly bitter, but not the very vegetal, cologne-like kind sometimes associated with the Lab's dead leaves blend. The rose manages to avoid going to baby powder and stays fresh and greenish, which provides an interesting counterpoint to the dry leaves. I wouldn't call this similar to Zombi in that Harvest Moon '13 doesn't have that heavy-smelling soil note that Zombi does -- rather, it's more light, dry, and a little bittersweet. I especially like to haul this one out in early autumn.