Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

2013 Halloweenies!

Everything! But no really, they all sounded so amazing.

I ended up getting Samhain and Samhainphobia, Dorian and Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch, and I think??? Le Revenant. Whichever one had the ethereal and ghostly florals.

Edit: Yep, Le Revenant was the last bottle. I WOULD HAVE ORDERED MORE but like. ahahah money constraints.

Edited by valharte

"Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the must-haves and meh's as the Halloween season approaches!"

I will definitely share my thoughts as soon as I receive my Weenie order! So excited. :joy:

I'm baffled by the Pumpkin Patch......

Out of all those, Sin is the one I would want (I have enough Snake Oil and variations of it)......

But I think I'd rather just have plain ol' Sin without the pumpkin, to be honest!

At least I have some time to think about it......

Out of all those, Sin is the one I would want (I have enough Snake Oil and variations of it)......

But I think I'd rather just have plain ol' Sin without the pumpkin, to be honest!

Bolding mine. I always find it interesting how each of us comes to our decision-making about which scents to buy. I tend to order scents that are similar to those I know I love, so my LE box is filled with pumpkin-based scents. I will never have enough variations on Snake Oil, or anything that is heavy on the red musk either. Others like to spread their love around and try a little of this, a little of that.

I am determined to wait for my decant order to arrive before I order bottles, so I can be sure about a couple of them. But I know I want a bottle of Hellgate of Ireland so I didn't order a decant of it. I just scored a backup bottle of last year's Witch Dance in a swap. I think I read a comment from someone that this year's Weenies *round 1* is lacking red musk scents. I hope that round 2 brings us something with red musk. Third Charm, Mircalla, Lucy Kissed- I'm longing to find something in that vein(pun intended :D ) in the 2013 batch.

I tried Jack today and I'm praying a Theme in Yellow is nothing like it. Jack was all fake buttered popcorn (like popcorn jelly beans) and Citronella... :thud:

That pumpkin note is the only thing that will keep me from eventually ordering Theme in Yellow, if it smells like raw pumpkin guts with a candle burning inside. I just don't care for that smell.

I can't imagine ever wanting to smell like it, but if BPTP puts out a corresponding or similar atmo spray I'll probably be all over that.

I immediately ordered September midnights, the phobia that began with an 'A', hope and fear, and so below:))

I just couldn't wait to try them!

After reading reviews I am wondering about the October scent and pumpkin patches:)))

Bolding mine. I always find it interesting how each of us comes to our decision-making about which scents to buy. I tend to order scents that are similar to those I know I love, so my LE box is filled with pumpkin-based scents. I will never have enough variations on Snake Oil, or anything that is heavy on the red musk either. Others like to spread their love around and try a little of this, a little of that.

I am determined to wait for my decant order to arrive before I order bottles, so I can be sure about a couple of them. But I know I want a bottle of Hellgate of Ireland so I didn't order a decant of it. I just scored a backup bottle of last year's Witch Dance in a swap. I think I read a comment from someone that this year's Weenies *round 1* is lacking red musk scents. I hope that round 2 brings us something with red musk. Third Charm, Mircalla, Lucy Kissed- I'm longing to find something in that vein(pun intended :D ) in the 2013 batch.

That's kind of how I feel about woods and spices. Moonarcana gave me a big wood box for bpal bottles, and I keep all woodsy/spicy scents in it!

As for Snake Oil and variations.....I bought the Snake Pit when it first came out.....and I love those, but I don't wear them a whole lot. I'm not sure why! But speaking of the Snake Pit, I wonder if Snakes In The Pumpkin Patch smells anything like Anaconda (the free gift imp that came with the Snake Pit)? :twisted:

But yes, you are right....I like to try different things, and I also go through phases. I was even in a rose phase for a while! : ) But that didn't last long, although I still like some rosey scents. I'm with you on red musk, though.....scents with red musk usually work pretty well for me.

I'm giving Morocco a test tonight, and I've decided I can live without Moroccan Pumpkin Patch.....which I already suspected. There's one I can cross off the list!

That pumpkin note is the only thing that will keep me from eventually ordering Theme in Yellow, if it smells like raw pumpkin guts with a candle burning inside. I just don't care for that smell.

This is exactly what I keep hoping to find and haven't come across yet. That slightly cooked by the candle pumpkin guts smell - I LOVE that and think it would make a great scent to wear in the fall

OK, Pumpkin Patch fans, I need some help. . . I bought Sin in the Pumpkin Patch and Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch. They smell really, really similar on the skin. I love Alice, Morocco and Dorian, but didn't buy those pumpkin versions. Tell me if I need to keep both of the ones that I have, if one can go, &/or if I need to add one of the ones I skipped! I'm completely befuddled.

OK, Pumpkin Patch fans, I need some help. . . I bought Sin in the Pumpkin Patch and Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch. They smell really, really similar on the skin. I love Alice, Morocco and Dorian, but didn't buy those pumpkin versions. Tell me if I need to keep both of the ones that I have, if one can go, &/or if I need to add one of the ones I skipped! I'm completely befuddled.

Moroccan Pumpkin Patch is really great—the spices in Morocco blend really beautifully with the pumpkin. It's my favorite after Sin and Snakes.

Personally, I would keep Snakes and get Alice.

Snakes is the shizznit as far as I am concerned (big shocker, I know): I think it is better than Sin (too much cinnamon for me), Morocco (vanished after a couple of minutes), Samhain (though that one is good), and Dorian (too foody for me.)

Alice is very different in tone and feel from Snakes, and it is truly lovely. Sort of delicately spicy - more of a daytime or warmer day scent.

Just my two cents, and your milage may vary according to your own tastes!

I tried Jack today and I'm praying a Theme in Yellow is nothing like it. Jack was all fake buttered popcorn (like popcorn jelly beans) and Citronella... :thud:

I can't imagine ever wanting to smell like it, but if BPTP puts out a corresponding or similar atmo spray I'll probably be all over that.

Agreed. My oil will be put to use in the oil burner, though...what a perfect scent for rainy October days. It's really quite magical.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm happy to have tracked down decants of the other pumpkin patches I was interested in - Alice, Morocco & Dorian. I love Samhain as a room scent but it just doesn't work as a perfume for me. But what's funny is that my list of top 10 GCs would definitely include Snake Oil, Sin, Alice, & Morocco and possibly Dorian. I've been intrigued from the start by the idea of Alice in the Pumpkin Patch but I wondered if delicate Alice could stand up to the pumpkin & spices.

I'm thinking that Snakes & Sin may smell a little more different from one another as they've aged a tiny bit, so I think I won't rush to divest myself of one or the other.

I just want to make a note here that I used a few drops of Theme In Yellow in an oil burner last night, and it was unbelievable - my whole kitchen smelled of glowing Jack o'Lanterns. I think I will get a second bottle. It is really, really amazing...I think it's made for this purpose, really.

:wub2:

I just want to make a note here that I used a few drops of Theme In Yellow in an oil burner last night, and it was unbelievable - my whole kitchen smelled of glowing Jack o'Lanterns. I think I will get a second bottle. It is really, really amazing...I think it's made for this purpose, really.

:wub2:

I am pretty sure I'm adding Theme in Yellow to my order for just this purpose.

I got to sniff all the Halloweenies from a friend on Thursday and now I'm a little scared because everything I ordered decants of smelled amazing in the bottle, plus John Barleycorn, plus Noctiphobia. Plus Theme in Yellow for the burner, plus at least one GC I absolutely can't live without, plus Today will Die Tomorrow, plus a backup bottle of So Below, and that adds up to a lot of perfume. Likely TOO MUCH. Hopefully at least half of my decants are just awful on my skin.

Tzi

Eta: luckily I'm not a yules person. I am very very very much a Lupers girl though.

Eraa: all my decants were bad except A World Where there are Octobers and Le Revenant. So I ordered 2 Awwtao (one for my daughter who loves Anne), Le Revenant, my GC pick, Noctiphobia, Today will Die Tomorrow and a surprise last minute impulse of Hope and Fear Set Free. Managed to skip John Barleycorn this year even though it sounded amazing, and also Theme in Yellow - hopefully my scent burner is not too mad at me.

Edited by tziporra