Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rosalynn

Anything that smells like nautica voyage

I Absolutley love the Nautica Voyage purfume, and even though I'm of the fairer sex, female, I could totally wear it! But! I like it even better on a guy. My boyfriend doesn't want to wear it because everybody seems to have it. Quote: "Do I look like I want to smell like every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there?" Sigh, does he not understand that it's just for my enjoyment? So, any recommendations? It doesn't have to smell completely like it but close. :D thanks!

I haven't tried it but did a little research, apparently it's an aquatic fragrance with some fruit and floral aspects. From Fragrantica: "The composition opens with cold, green notes of leaves and apple. There is a tender dewy mimose in the heart, which is blended with watery note of lotus and an interesting accord of linen sail of a yacht. The composition is laid on a woody base, combined of cedar, moss, musk and amber". Some of the reviews on Basenotes mention hints of apple and melon.

Bpal has tons of aquatic scents, and many of them have sweet, fruity, and/or floral aspects. These come to mind:

Caliban, "salty seas, bittersweet wine, palm and tropical ferns". This is the first one I thought of.

Cthulhu, "A creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark, unfathomable waters". This has a tart fruity aspect, maybe citrus.

The Deep Ones, "Black algae, drooping seaweed, salty brine, and crushed coral". More dry and salty if I remember correctly.

R'lyeh is one of the sweeter aquatic scents in my opinion, despite the description: "A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves". I really don't think it's as dark as all that suggests!

Egle, "Ocean water, hyacinth petals, star jasmine, and fir". I'm a guy and I wear this to work sometimes.

There are also The Sea Foams Blood and The Sea Foams Milk, I prefer the milk one between the two.

And a couple of limited edition scents that would be harder to find:

Thunder Moon, "Ozone deepened by liquid amber, and a spray of hot nighttime rain mingled with the scent of lightning-struck wood, water-soaked summer blooms, and sun-scorched grass".

And my all-time favorite aquatic, Kingsport: "Salty ocean breezes touched by a numinous, incandescent mist". I'd love to see this brought back! If there's such a thing as "incense aquatic", this is it. It lasts all day on me.

I know there are lots more, here's a whole topic: Aquatics

I don't have any recs, but that is my dad's favorite cologne! I find it cheap sometimes for him at stores like TJMaxx, Marshall's, Beall's Outlet, and you can use Kohl's coupons at Kohl's for it, when they have it! :)