Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The sunken city of the Great God Cthulhu. A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves.

This is fascinating! I've liked all the aquatics I've tried from A Picnic in Arkham so far: Cthulhu, Yha'nthlei, and now R'lyeh. This one is more different from the other two than they are from each other.

This invokes dark still water of the ocean close to shore, perhaps even lapping it's way into a cave. I get wafts of salt, kelp, and something deep and resinous and smoky that I think might be opium smoke as a note because it reminds me of A Forest Reverie. There's a bare hint of something fruity that adds sweetness and reminds me of dried, candied pomelo or maybe grapefruit, but a particularly sour one. There's also a floral touch that reminds me of wilting lilies (a good smell, but one that also is somehow appropriately ominous). 

This is fascinating! I think that Cthulhu is my favorite of the Picnic in Arkham aquatics that I've tried, but R'Lyeh is interesting in how it is different!

Edited by ShadowEtienne

This is similar to Event Horizon, just as dark, but colder. I think it's also a little less sweet. If Event Horizon is purple, this would be green-blue. It doesn't end up soapy like most aquatics do on me, in fact I think it's more metallic than aquatic, or maybe like cold stone. I wouldn't call it pleasant but it's interesting and evocative and I think I'll need a bottle because I keep reaching for it and have nearly finished the imp.