Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
patina

The Witch's Garden Atmosphere Spray

Hidden beneath the arms of an ancient gnarled oak sits an overgrown, weedy patch of monkshood, sacred to Hecate and brought forth from Cerberus' spittle, that is surrounded by shrieking mandragora, black nightshade, wise sage, dire hemlock, creeping ivy, and thorn apple.

There's a floral/ herbal/ conifer edge to this and I can pick out the oak. It smells a little powdery, almost as if there was amber involved. Mostly it's just dark trees and herbs.

In the bottle: Dark herbal plants.

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: The darkness lightens a tad, and the plant notes are a bit more fresh and greenish. Interesting, but the partial bottle I received from my decanter is plenty. The label art of a witch/scarecrow with some kind of gardening equipment (mechanical and old-fashioned) in the middle of an overgrown garden is certainly creepy and evocative of the scent notes.

Dark, misty plants. I sprayed this one, and it was overgrown greens, slightly medicinal, and a fair amount of gloomy mist. It was very atmospheric.

Out of all of the BPTP scents I've smelled, this one smells TAL-like in that it seems to have an otherworldly component. Perhaps useful for re-creating an outside space when you can't necessarily go outside?