Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
evaete

Incense Virgin

I want to jump into some incense scents as we move into the colder months. I have Valentine of Rome right now, but something about it is just too much, like a brick of frankincense has parked itself under my nose and I'm trying to run away but I can't. While that certainly fits that particular fragrance concept, I'm looking for something lighter. Something lightened with subtle florals or vegetals (but not sharp, green, soapy stuff), or something just lighter in a way that I haven't thought of, but still a winter fragrance. Any recs, oh ye denziens of the bpal collective consciousness?

xoxo.

If you're looking for a lighter incense, then think either Penitence or Cathedral are worth a try. I love Valentine of Rome, but it was much stronger on me than either of these.

It's been a while since I've tried them side by side, so I can't remember much of a difference right now. But they are both GC's so you can get an imp of each and compare them.

Midnight Mass is a Yule LE, but it has reappeared most years (if not every year) so it's pretty available and you can probably find a decant. I don't think it varies much from year to year, but it does age nicely so you might prefer it fresh vs. aged, or the othe way around.

I have a lot of BPAL with incense notes, but mine are all more along the lines of strong throw and heavy incense like VoR, so I don't have any other first-hand recs.

You might try scrolling through these two threads for more ideas:

Sugared Incense

Incense and Resin recs

edited to add links to other incense threads

Edited by Poenari

The Night Raven. To me it's a cold stone with incense, it's just amazing. I love incense notes, to me this is The One.

I also love Al Azif, but it's much warmer and almost milky.

Just a mod note - I had to unapprove quite a few posts in this thread that were recommending scents from other companies and steering people to other retail sites. Please remember the place for those discussions is in Retail Therapy and not in BPAL Recommendations. If you are curious, you can read more about this in the pinned threads at the very top of the Recs index. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this