Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
flowersinsand

Fecund, fertile scents?

Im a first time pregnant lady. Im feeling pretty ugly and hairy,not to mention large (not in a good way). Can anyone suggest a fertile sexy scent to cheer me up?

**whoops I meant to post this in recs. forum. How do I delete/move?

Edited by flowersinsand

Zombi is an interesting rose/earth/oakmoss scent. Though I don't know if rose might make you feel nauseous :P

Well, these blends that come to mind:

Dragon's Milk from Ars Draconis - rich dragon's blood with honey and creamy vanilla

Sudha Segara from Bewitching Brews - another milk/cream blend with ginger, honey, and ambrosia

Dana O'Shee from Bewitching Brews - milk, grains, and honey

Eden from Excolo - a lush scent with coconut, honey, and fig leaf

Uruk from Excolo - a city sacred to Inanna, a fertility Goddess. This scent has a lot of lush florals and fruits and incense.

Centzon Totochtin from Excolo - because a hundred divine partying rabbits sound pretty darn fertile. Plus, this one always smells a little bit like easter candy to me, so I always associate it with birth/fertility rites.

And BPAL has a ton of scents based off of mother goddesses:

Meliai from Bewitching Brews - named for nymphs from Greek mythology that were the mothers of mankind

Eve from Excolo - for the mother of mankind from Hebrew mythology

Grandmother of Ghosts from Excolo - a title used to honor the Roman underworld goddess who was mother to the Lares, the benevolent spirits who aided humankind.

Mania from Excolo - another name for the Mother of the Lares

Iambe from Excolo - named for the laughing, dancing fertility goddess who comforted Demeter after the abduction of Persephone.

Nyx from Excolo - the Greek personification fo Night, Nyx was also said to be a mother to many of the immortal gods

Osun from Excolo - A beautiful Yoruban goddess of love, who helps women conceive

Oya from Excolo - a Yoruban Goddess said to be a fierce protector of mothers and children, and a powerful warrior

Yemaya from Excolo - The Yoruban Goddess of the ocean, the primal mother of all creation

Dawn: Mother from the Dawn collection - a scent based off of the Goddess-as-Mother-archetype

For days when you want to embrace your crankiness and need to get in touch with the Dark Mother archetype:

Ekhidna from Diabolus - another famous mother from mythology, the mother of monsters and sea beasts

Shub-Niggurath from A Picnic in Arkham - an elder god from H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories, described as a corrupted fertility goddess and the "black she-goat with a thousand young". This one is spicy and seductive - it smells like evil gingerbread cookies.

Kali from Excolo - named for the goddess of cretive destruction and destructive creation from the Hindu pantheon.

Mama-Ji from the Neil Gaiman- American Gods collection - another scent based off of Kali

Lilith from Excolo - another fertile female from mythology who is known as the mother of demons and of the Djinn- her children were said to be so numerous they could not be counted.

And here's a few random ones that might make you feel better:

Fae from Bewitching Brews - because it is sparkly and pretty, and 'cause there's a joke going around the internet right now about how fairies have litters

Tushnamatay from Bewitching Brews - a soothing meditation blend when you want to feel calm and peaceful and grounded and properly earth-mothery

Marie from Diabolus - a sweet floral blend named for Marie Antoinette, who was supposedly a very devoted mother

Titania from Illyria - this is another very pretty "fae" scent that smells like ripe peaches and night-blooming flowers - both great symbols of fertility.

And finally, any of the Gratiae from Excolo - Euphrosyne, Thalia, and Aglaea - all very bright, feminine, and happy scents that are great for mood-lifting

Good luck and congratulations! Do tell us what you find that works for you.

edit: corrected typos in my first post

Edited by crimescenecleanup

I'd also like to add in the fertile category both Machu Picchu (which I have tried), and Manila (which I haven't) in the sense that they are both lush-green, fertile jungle scents, and nowhere on earth will you find more of nature's fertility than in a rainforest. :)

Machu Pichu is a wonderful scent for times you don't want something too cloying, something a little more active. it does remind me of lush leafy green colors, some kind of a natural jungle tribe princess-goddess walking through the leaves and guarding her domaine. Try an imp, I recommend it.

Zombi is an interesting rose/earth/oakmoss scent. Though I don't know if rose might make you feel nauseous :P

No, no scents except the ones my Beloved Husband makes causes me to be sick :-P

Well, these blends that come to mind:

Dragon's Milk from Ars Draconis - rich dragon's blood with honey and creamy vanilla

Sudha Segara from Bewitching Brews - another milk/cream blend with ginger, honey, and ambrosia

Dana O'Shee from Bewitching Brews - milk, grains, and honey

Eden from Excolo - a lush scent with coconut, honey, and fig leaf

Uruk from Excolo - a city sacred to Inanna, a fertility Goddess. This scent has a lot of lush florals and fruits and incense.

Centzon Totochtin from Excolo - because a hundred divine partying rabbits sound pretty darn fertile. Plus, this one always smells a little bit like easter candy to me, so I always associate it with birth/fertility rites.

And BPAL has a ton of scents based off of mother goddesses:

Meliai from Bewitching Brews - named for nymphs from Greek mythology that were the mothers of mankind

Eve from Excolo - for the mother of mankind from Hebrew mythology

Grandmother of Ghosts from Excolo - a title used to honor the Roman underworld goddess who was mother to the Lares, the benevolent spirits who aided humankind.

Mania from Excolo - another name for the Mother of the Lares

Iambe from Excolo - named for the laughing, dancing fertility goddess who comforted Demeter after the abduction of Persephone.

Nyx from Excolo - the Greek personification fo Night, Nyx was also said to be a mother to many of the immortal gods

Osun from Excolo - A beautiful Yoruban goddess of love, who helps women conceive

Oya from Excolo - a Yoruban Goddess said to be a fierce protector of mothers and children, and a powerful warrior

Yemaya from Excolo - The Yoruban Goddess of the ocean, the primal mother of all creation

Dawn: Mother from the Dawn collection - a scent based off of the Goddess-as-Mother-archetype

For days when you want to embrace your crankiness and need to get in touch with the Dark Mother archetype:

Ekhidna from Diabolus - another famous mother from mythology, the mother of monsters and sea beasts

Shub-Niggurath from A Picnic in Arkham - an elder god from H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories, described as a corrupted fertility goddess and the "black she-goat with a thousand young". This one is spicy and seductive - it smells like evil gingerbread cookies.

Kali from Excolo - named for the goddess of cretive destruction and destructive creation from the Hindu pantheon.

Mama-Ji from the Neil Gaiman- American Gods collection - another scent based off of Kali

Lilith from Excolo - another fertile female from mythology who is known as the mother of demons and of the Djinn- her children were said to be so numerous they could not be counted.

And here's a few random ones that might make you feel better:

Fae from Bewitching Brews - because it is sparkly and pretty, and 'cause there's a joke going around the internet right now about how fairies have litters

Tushnamatay from Bewitching Brews - a soothing meditation blend when you want to feel calm and peaceful and grounded and properly earth-mothery

Marie from Diabolus - a sweet floral blend named for Marie Antoinette, who was supposedly a very devoted mother

Titania from Illyria - this is another very pretty "fae" scent that smells like ripe peaches and night-blooming flowers - both great symbols of fertility.

And finally, any of the Gratiae from Excolo - Euphrosyne, Thalia, and Aglaea - all very bright, feminine, and happy scents that are great for mood-lifting

Good luck and congratulations! Do tell us what you find that works for you.

edit: corrected typos in my first post

Wow! thats very detailed .

Thanks so much!

No, no scents except the ones my Beloved Husband makes causes me to be sick :-P

:rofl:

well...i've never been pregnant, but rose seemed to me like the kind of smell that would make a pregnant person feel queasy. it is a very lovely rose, though! the earth and oakmoss compliment it beautifully.

Sign in to follow this