Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sharkdiver

13 Hours

A scent of profound foreboding: dusty black stone, dried rosehips, black moss, and creeping ivy.

At first, this was strangely dark fruity, but as it dried down, the rosehips came out a lot - it reminds me of those bins of rosehips at the health food store, but there is still this fruity note I can't quite describe. I wish it didn't have this. It has a lot of throw, and there's a tiny bit of dusty stone, but this mostly fruity rosehips on me?

13 Hours is definitely an interesting one. I really like this one!

I don't get any nastiness or roses. It's quite astringent/dry actually. In a good way. It's primary note on me is halfway between the aloe note in Mr Ibis and the linen note in Medical Procedure. All three are fantastic for hot weather BTW.

Decant: dark, shadow-y and green but dark green
Wet on me: like entering Knockturn Alley. seriously. dark stone and that dark green of the moss and ivy
Drying Down: those dried rosehips are threatening to cause mayhem on my skin. still that shadow-dark alley vibe as well
Dry: it has the stone and the dark greens notes with a splash of dusty. this rosehips teeter on that could turn or not turn on me. I'm glad I got a decant of this. Probably will trade.

The rosehips are pretty distinct, definitely the top note of this blend. They kind of smell like a nice cold tea. Refreshing, a bit 'leafy'. It has a bit of a hay like undertone. Really nice. As the oil dries, the rosehips have the tiniest hint of an actual rosey smell, a little fruity.

The rosehips rest on top of a nice architectural note. A nice cold earthy stone note. Definitely dark smelling, a bit dusty, but also a bit damp.

The moss and ivy add some other refreshing greenery tones. I feel like one of these might be reading as having the hint of aquatic, but really, just a hint.

Overall this one is intriguing and lovely. It really suits a dark rainy day.