Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lapin

Similar to Arcana's Madame Lapin

I've stumbled across a bottle of Arcane's Madame Lapin (the name caught my eye, lol, but I don't want to be hooked on an LE! Plus, I really love BPAL and I'd like to contain my obsession to at least ONE retailer. Does anyone know of a similar scent made by BPAL?

I did a forum search and did not see anything... sorry for cluttering up all these boards - don't shoot the n00b!

Madame Lapin: "The essence of a soft brown bunny: fragrant notes of sweet honey, dry Atlas cedarwood, warm toast, buttermilk, and a subtle blend of spices"

I haven't smelled it yet, so I can't speak for it directly...

I can't personally think of a perfect match for that fragrance (I bet someone more experienced will), but I can think of a weak match:

For bread, maybe Bread and Butterfly: Bread, sugar, tea, and cream.

I would guess that Sudha Segara: "Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia" is probably pretty similar. Also, Cockaigne might even be closer: "milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine". I sniffed that one recently and it does remind me a bit of my bottle of Madame Lapin. Hope that helps!

I'm being super unhelpful in these comparisons lately, but.....

Neither Sudha Segara or Cockaigne smells anything like Madame Lapin. Madame Lapin really does smell like sweet toast, with a dose of cedar in the background, and Arcana honey is totally different than BPAL honey. I like them both, but they are very different. BPAL honey is heady, almost overwhelming, and it shows up strong in a blend, while Arcana honey is drier and a bit less sweet to my nose.

I haven't tried Bread and Butterfly yet, so can't speak to that.

I agree with cuervosueno that Arcana is really different from bpal (I like Arcana's honey and rarely like bpal's). Madame Lapin is also a very unique (and awesome) scent to me, nothing else in my collection smells like it. It smells as advertised and is strong and comforting <3.

That said, if you're looking for something with spices & honey in the bpal catalogue, I'd suggest Cockaigne (smells like cinnamon toast on me, or at least it did in the bottle I have from when it first came out) and Bengal, and Dragon's Milk for just comforting, honey & cream sweetness. And maybe Horse Chesnut Honey for honey and a slight foodie feel...

I need to hunt down my imp of Bread and Butterfly tonight after work to see what it might layer nicely with. Mme. Lapin smells like toast to me with creamy honey and a background of cedar. Since the description of Bread and Butterfly mentions toast, I thought that it might work. Cockaigne does not smell the same on me at all, but that's chemistry for you.

I need to hunt down my imp of Bread and Butterfly tonight after work to see what it might layer nicely with. Mme. Lapin smells like toast to me with creamy honey and a background of cedar. Since the description of Bread and Butterfly mentions toast, I thought that it might work. Cockaigne does not smell the same on me at all, but that's chemistry for you.

Bread and Butterfly on me smelled exactly like raisin toast.

I wonder if Werepuppy is any kind of a match for Madame Lapin? That one was heavy on the milk note for me, but I know other people got a lovely furry warmness from it.

I know I'm being totally unhelpful here, but I ADORE Madame Lapin and couple of days ago I was testing Now Winter Nights Enlarge and I could've sworn, it was smelling like like the former on my skin. I do however blame my nose and my skin on that time of the month, though. 'Twas the second day.

Edited by symphonyinsilence

There's a smell called werepuppy?! Why are these adorable scents all LE? I want to smell like a fuzzy baby animal all the time!

Thank you for your responses everyone - I'm going to order imps of the suggested scents and see how it goes :)

Sign in to follow this