Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
violetblue

Sugar Cookie Soap

SUGAR COOKIE

Sugar cookies dusted with confectioner's sugar.

I got a half bar in a decant circle. The green on the soap confused me - when it hit the water, and I lathered up, I got a strong mint. :( Not what I was expecting and kind of disappointed. Cookie scent was very light, overpowered by the mint.

This year, the perfume oil kind of weirded me out. It leaves a random, weird undertone on my skin that reminds me a lot of Lush Red Rooster. Nasty. The soap, however, doesn't do that. When I first got my piece of soap, I was disappointed how scentless it smelled. Like almost nothing. But fortunately, once I cut my piece in half, the fresh soap in the middle was a lot more fragrant. Still faint, but at least there was a scent. It really does smell like a delicate sugared baked good. Not necessarily, exactly like a sugar cookie, but it's pleasantly sweet and slightly spicy. The soap was smooth to wash with and quite softening. Overall, better than expected. Will use up my partial bar I got a hold of but won't look for more.

I quite like this - it has a dense sweetness that reminds me of the Snake Oil soap (though not as strong).

Sweet, thick & slightly spicy - nom!

Sweet, spicy and thick molasses and a hint of butter. Honestly, to me, this soap doesn't smell all that great. It may be that I got a tiny soap chip, cut from a unused bar, but I don't feel like it smells all that great.

After washing it off, I would say it smells more faintly of cookies, but I think part of it is either the age or the type of vanilla that was used in formulating this one.