Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tawaen

Lemurian Seaweed

LEMURIAN SEAWEED
Sea buckthorn berry, lime juice, and juniper.

The powder is a light green color, with sand-sized granulation and slightly lumpy. Probably the lumps were due to being shipped cross-country, and they came out with a few shakes of the jar. The scent is very sweet in the jar, but the scent notes don't really show up very much until they're in hot water.

I shook about a half-handful of the powder into my tub filled with hot water, and it fizzed on it's own producing small, carbonation-like bubbles. The water turned slightly green, and the scent became very noticeable. I mostly noticed the lime, which was very effervescent and refreshing, but there was definitely juniper as well. I've never smelled buckthorn, so maybe that was what made it so sweet smelling? Because it was definitely sweet.

Anyway, the bubbles didn't last, but the scent did for quite a while. It was still strong when I was pruny and ready to get out. Unfortunately, unlike the bath oils, the scent didn't cling to my tub very long afterwards. Oh, well, the bath was pleasant and after I was less pruny my skin felt quite nice.

In packet: Lime is the most noticeable, tart and juicy. The juniper is present, but not overpowering. Sea buckthorn berry definitely adds a jolt of creamy or powdery sweetness, while still being rather acidic overall.

In bath: Will update once tested.

Really green and refreshing in the container. I'm getting something like a blue-green algae scent, it kind of smells like the ocean, without the aquatic vibe. Once it hits the water, though, gone. The bubbles were only present for a couple of minutes.

Lemurian Seaweed smells like what it purports to smell like - aquatic greenness. I don't really get the lime, but I do get a whiff of the seabuckthorn berry and overall it smells like green aquaticness. There's something very cool and refreshing about it, but I wouldn't bathe in this solely for the blend. Lemurian Seaweed seems to have been formulated for either comboing with another blend or for those individuals that really want their water to smell more like ocean water, but don't necessarily want to bathe in the actual ocean.