Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellebelle

LULW1

I hope this is the right place for this?

I really like the release Last Unicorn Lilac Wood, so I thought I would take a chance on this blend (based on speculation that LU = Last Unicorn). This to me is the strong scent of broken stems and sap and a hint of lilac. In other words, not so different from the released version. I would say that the prototype is grassier than the released version and lacks the hint of sweetness that is present in the released version. But overall, this is quite pretty and does not stray too far from what is released. I like them equally.

Unreleased prototype, no notes or description given.

I get a gorgeous, light, heathery, sappy green scent, pretty florals (lilacs? maybe something else too) with a bit of soft, powdery vanilla in the background. It reminds me a lot of Lilac Wood but fresher and livelier version, I wonder if this is a proto for that one.

Edited by cfrancesca

This is definitely the prototype for Last Unicorn's Lilac Wood. Even the released version to me smells like a Lilac version of Host of Air, and in this one I want to say I smell more of the cloudberry and the heather. More green and closer to Host of Air with some lilies peeking through than the released version.

Pretty!

I picked this up banking that the assumptions about it being the Lilac Wood proto was right, because who knows when I'd get a chance to try the actual release. I'm glad I took a shot because it is a pretty lilac scent. I think I might be getting some tulips and some sappy stems as well. It smells like the beginning of spring to me. I'm glad I gambled.