Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

LUES11

Thanks to a generous forumite for a sniffie of this. You know who you are, and I love you! :wub2:

On wet, there is a strong menthol/medicinal overtone to this. It dries down to something resinous, and the color of the oil is dark orangey red, which makes me think that perhaps dragon's blood is a component. There is also some vetiver in this, because it as a gritty, smokiness to it. I also catch a whiff of leather.

I agree with ZZ's review above - it is slightly medicinal at first, like a strong balsam perhaps. Actually everything about it is pretty strong at first - it's kind of pungent for 5 minutes or so before it starts to dry down.

10 minutes in, and I can finally lean in close for a smell now that it's settled down. And what I get is like a gorgeous leather - not the soft and subtle type, but also not the harsh/chemical type - it's a strong leather type of smell, but it's more 'rugged' than 'harsh', like it's well-worn. Vetiver? Hmm.. yes, probably - but it's not the evil vetiver of doom.. there's just a nice smokiness to the base. And there's something musky in here too - a dark musk, but with a hint of sweetness - perhaps a brown musk, or a black musk - it's nice. And there's something that tickles the very back of my nose when I breathe the fragrance in deeply.. that may be the vetiver, but it could be a touch of ginger. Every now and then, I think I can smell something nutty in there, but I can't quite pinpoint it so perhaps that's imaginary.

Despite its somewhat rude introduction, LUES II dries down into something really special - warm, musky, leathery, and smoky. The longer it stays on my skin, the nicer it gets!

EDIT to add - the dry-down of LUES II is very similar to Burning Vulva, but less powdery.

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss