Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellebelle

Dreadful Lies v5

(I don't see a topic for this anywhere - if there is, mods delete!)

This does not resemble the released version of Dreadful Lies in the slightest. The predominant note (to my nose) is the light resinous note that is present in Ra and Cat Allingham. In fact, of the bottles in my collection, I think this most closely resembles Ra, but without any of the spices. That sweet, resinous note is tempered with something else - I smell a kind of spicy green, which might be tagetes (a note in the released formulation). The throw is very, very low and it seems to fade quickly. That being said, it's actually quite a pretty scent if you enjoy scents in this family.

Edited by Ellebelle

This was a hard one to pick out notes from, but I think I've pieced together something. I got the sense of red wintry berries, probably cranberry and possibly some redcurrant. There seems to be something "icy" about the red berry here, not exactly mint but just a cold feel. I get what must be a bit of almond too, and then something woody and smoky, like smoldering wood, in the background. Maybe this iteration of Dreadful Lies was supposed to be bloody frostbitten berries over charred wood? It actually smells a lot better than it sounds, kind of like evil cranberry pie filling.

Dreadful Lies is interesting. There's an icy overtone to it (no mint though, just a cold feeling). I think it might have almond, and definitely something woody and slightly smoky. I think there's a hint of cranberries, especially on wet that sweetens the blend a little. It dries to a sort of resinous/woodiness that reminds me alot to Ded Moroz, minus the rose-tinged amber bits.

This smells like super-sweet vanilla, golden/perfumey musk, and a hint of red berries and pine at first. I don't think that it really smells cold or snowy (maybe a hint of a fresh ice note that's just sharply clean), but it does turn very perfumey and sweet on me.

Mostly this is like a sweet vanilla and perfumey musk on me, with maybe a hint of dry wood. The drydown smells very vanilla-y on my skin. I love the way this works out for me. ^_^

On the skin: This is sweet! Is that fruity vanilla? There is something else here that is a bit higher pitched. Some type of wood?

I don't think this is for me, but it is a very pleasant scent!

I am terrible at blindly picking out notes. I would agree with the others in that there's some kind of sweet resin, a faint spiciness, and a bit of bitter cranberry. But what it really smells like is body lotion—specifically, the St. Ives Healthy Brilliance body lotion I used five years ago. The resemblance is so strong it was like a smack in the face!