Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
cfrancesca

Hexahedraon v5

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

I get soft rose and spiciness, I think carnation? The rose in here is similar to the one in Lucy's Kiss, it actually reminds me of a softer and a bit spicier version of that one.

This is very distinct red rose and carnation with a tinge of something lemony in the background, possibly lemon balm because I amp lemon verbena and lemongrass to hell and it isn't happening here. The rose and carnation notes are very true, full-bodied and realistic, almost like an actual bouquet of them. I'd say it's a bold velvety red rose like the one in Harlot along with pink carnation. Not really my thing personally, but if you're a rose and/or carnation fan who likes the dead-on scent of those flowers, it's defintiely worth checking out.

Edited by Invidiana

This scent really turns my stomach. It's sort of buttery and oddly spicy, reminding me a little of bpal's pumpkin blends at first, but there's something tart and fruity that dominates on my skin.

Buttery fruit punch?

I usually amp up rose and floral notes, but I don't think that I would pick rose or carnation out of this. It's like buttery fruit punch with a bit of dry spiciness on me... very gross :sick:

Hexahedraon is like a deathmatch between rose and pink carnations. At the beginning, rose seems dominant. On the drydown, carnation definitely is. Somewhere in the middle however, I think I detect a whiff of red bell peppers. Yes, like the Cicada Yule scent whose name I can't remember at the moment...

Yeah, not for me.

This is BEAUTIFUL on me (although, full disclosure, carnation is one of my notes of pure win)! I agree with the rose and carnation notes - those are definitely the most prominent notes in this blend. Yet, the rose scent (to me) is more in line with the rosiness of Othello or Haunted Palace - it is sweet and tempered by something else. I suspect there is another floral in there that is tempering the rose and lending it some extra sweetness, perhaps gardenia or magnolia or some other bright flower. I do not think it is lemon balm as I amp all lemon to high heavens and this does not smell of lemon at all to me.

Little bird, maybe you have Hex v3? I think that's the buttery one. :)

Edited by Ellebelle

While this is a rose that I can actually wear without it going soapy on me, it is really, really, ROSE. I'm more than a little disappointed that there isn't more carnation present, and the rose is sort of giving me a headache.

If rose is all there is, then this one probably isn't for me.