Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Sweet Pea

I'm really quite interested to try this one, as it appears in a few scents that have caught my interest, but to be honest, I'm not sure what it smells like...

Wow, this is a really gorgeous aquatic floral on me when I first put it on; in fact, it reminds me of some of the notes in Danube, minus the incredible power of those florals. As it dries, it becomes more traditionally floral, and honestly, when I smell this, this is what I think a beautiful creamy or pink rose ought to smell like. You can just smell the beautiful, velvety, dewy petals of a flower, dusted with a little pollen, and (fortunately) I don't get any sharpness or soapy reaction early on with the oil.

This is such a lifelike and natural scent--I really feel like I just crumbled some flower petals in my hands and rolled them all over my skin. Absolutely incredible.

OMG! Sweet Pea. It's such an aggressive and overwhelming note. On wet, I got distinct flashback to Juliet, which to me is very much like sweet pea SN - big, bold, sweet.

However the SN dries off to a slightly 'fake' note, mildly plasticky and it makes me think of those scented dolls of my childhood.

Yeah for a SN that I won't covet. I can't handle sweet pea - either as a SN or when in other blends. This is a nice confirmation of that. Stupid skin chemistry.

Let me cut to the chase: if you've tried Bath & Body Works' sweet pea, this beats the hell out of it.

It's a burst of fresh pink flowers that dries down to a sweet (but not cloying), slightly candylike floral. The candylike quality is really just an undertone that is an aspect of the actual plant itself, not "added sugar" to the scent at all. This is a pink scent that still evokes the color pink without being sickly sweet, and brings a breath of spring to the air whenever I smell it. It's a really pretty and fresh and feminine I've fallen quite in love with, and this is coming from a person who insisted she didn't do florals a year ago.

Edited by Invidiana

Sweet, slightly sharp, powdery floral. It is almost exactly the opposite of things that I look for in a floral (smooth, a bit heady, hardly any powder, etc). This is definitely a note I would want tempered by other things in a blend (such as Mouse's LAST, which I really enjoy).

ITB: It's green, but not astringent, followed by the floral aspect of sweet pea...and there is also something pleasantly aquatic about it as well.

Wet: It's more floral on my skin, then green, although the aquatic undertone is interesting and adds some depth to this single note.

Dry: It reminds me of bath soap for some reason - I think it's because it's fresh, clean, and floral.