Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
London

Tea Olive Scents?

I recently got a tea olive plant and the little clusters of white flowers smell amazing. If I could bottle that smell..and spray it all over my apartment I'd be giddy.

The Lab's search function is broken, does anyone know if they've ever made an oil with tea olive in it?

Not tea olive in particular, but there are some with olive blossom. Not sure how different they would be since I'm not a floral scent fan, but here they are, just in case. :D

LE's:

Angeronalia - Olive blossom, white nectarine, vibrant blood orange, honey absolute, lemongrass, elemi, sensual patchouli, and the quiet purity of gardenia.

The Emathides - Black amber, black orchid, black currant, olive blossom, wood violet, lavender, blue musk, rose attar, and cedar.

Liberty - Frankincense, beeswax, olive blossom, chamomile, sampaguita, magnolia, apple blossom, gunpowder, and smoke.

Okayaki - Olive blossom, cardamom pod, amber, morning star lily, bergamot, and a well-aimed snowball.

Tabella - Olive blossom, frankincense, tobacco flower, benzoin, Little John, bergamot, galangal, angelica, fig, sage, and ginger.

Valentine of Rome - Cypress, olive blossom, frankincense, myrrh, and blood accord.

Others:

Dawn: Maiden - Tea roses, honeysuckle, heliotrope, olive blossom, milk, and honey.

Defututa - Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.

Edited by Penance

Angeronalia sounds amazing, but Tea Olive actually isn't really floral. To me it smells sweet, airy, and clean.

Maybe try getting some Halloween New Orleans (The distinctive scent of the Mississippi at night mingling with sweet olive and Spanish moss).

I find the scent sweet, fresh, with some light green notes.

I didn't really know anything about tea olive or what it is - but I went to Wikipedia, and it is apparently an osmanthus species. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Olive So osmanthus scents might be your key to finding something. Here are a few that have osmanthus as a note & are on the lighter end of the spectrum (since the clean quality of the flowers appeals to you):

LEs:

Festival Mask

Sanctus

Shirafuji Genta With a Kappa

Clytie

White Phoenix

GC:

Brusque Violet

Belle Vinu

Jasmine Cottage

Utrennyaya

The Ghost

Cordelia

Salon:

Sunrise with Sea-Monsters

Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku

Comments in the reviews of Tzadikim Nistarim & House of Night also mention osmanthus although it isn't a listed note.

Tzadikim Nistarim also comes to mind: The scent is one of unadulterated spiritual purity, with a taste of the world's eternal pathos, and the joy of suffering with grace: frankincense, olive, spikenard, hyssop and galangal.

Okayaki is also really pretty--kind of sweet and clean without being really floral.

My last reply was deleted so I guess I can't give a URL? I don't know... but I have a tea olive perfume that I got in New Orleans and maybe it has to remain nameless, but it's a nice scent... I recommend you google 'tea olive' 'perfumery'&'New Orleans.' Gee... I think we all like scents and it should be ok to share. It doesn't mean we don't love BPAL.

Sign in to follow this