Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Song of Selune

I got a tester of Song of Selune - and the scent is a heavy, salty lavender. Mildly aquatic. I would say that there is something almost metallic underneath.

I haven't tried it out for ritual purposes, and I'm not entirely sure if full moon, waning or waxing would possibly have effects on this. I will come back and edit the topic once I've tested it out.

First of all, Song of Selune is not an uplifting or relaxing blend.

I use this on nights when my thoughts are racing, and my heart is full of worry, and I feel that I won't sleep well.

It doesn't make me feel any better, but it does help me focus my intention, and meditate on the problems I would otherwise deny or ignore before going to sleep.

I apply a few drops of Song of Selune (just a little - this stuff has CRAZY throw) to my chakra points before going to bed, and meditate on sleep that is restful and healthy for my mind and body, and on waking up with insight that I didn't have before.

And for that IT WORKS. Since I've been using Song of Selune, I have have had vivid dreams and restful sleep. I wake up refreshed and ready to tackle a lot of difficult problems with renewed insight and resolve. I often still feel as sad and anxious about these problems as I did when I went to bed, but there is a better intuitive understanding of how to deal with them.

I imagine this blend would be fantastic for lucid dreaming or other dreamwork.

As for scent, I get mostly roses - lots of tea rose, and something like that white rose accord in BPAL blends like Dublin and MoonRose. There is a light background of bitter, almost metallic herbal notes. There might be some rose geranium, bergamot, and/or chamomile in this. But please take that with a grain of salt as I am really bad at identifying individual notes. Those are just my best guesses.

The drydown of this scent is an old-fashioned tea rose perfume.