Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Halloween: New Orleans Atmosphere Spray

HALLOWEEN: NEW ORLEANS
The distinctive scent of the Mississippi at night mingling with sweet olive and Spanish moss.

This is simply beautiful, botanical and fragrant and to my nose it's a sweet Spanish moss. It's somehow very definitely a FALL scent, and couldn't be confused with any other season. Unique, lovely and has decent staying power. :wub2:

I sprayed this all over before guests showed up today. I have to say it starts smelling like a beautiful tea of some sort. I love it.

When I saw New Orleans as a perfume, I thought I'd have to order it just to burn as a room scent. I'm so glad the atmosphere spray is saving me the trouble! The sprays are definitely a lot longer lasting and more economical and burning perfume oils.

As far as I can tell, they smell identical. Sniffing directly, it's rich southern blossoms with some aquatics and a vaguely lemony quality, backed by spanish moss.

Sprayed, you smell everything at once, and then it seems dominated by moss. In the air, the aquatics are pretty subtle. They contribute to a general freshness and atmosphere, I guess. There is a tiny bit of lemoniness [probably the olive blossom], but it definitely doesn't smell like I've been waxing the woods in my house. Once the scent has lingered and settled, I feel like I smell the flowers better.

I think this smells much more like the south than the New Orleans wanderlust perfume. I haven't been to New Orleans myself, but I grew up near the SC low country, which is a pretty similar landscape. (Maybe that landscape would have a saltier aquatic -- now that would be an evocative scent...)

On the whole, a gorgeous and realistic outdoors at night in the south type of scent. :) It definitely has a cool, night-time, crisp air quality, but the flowers are lush and provide nice balance.

ETA: I hosed my place down with this last night. Coming back in from running errands today, all I smell is a rich floral bouquet with just a hint of moss. Lots of olive blossom. It's fabulous. :wub3:

Edited by naeelah

This is a fresh green scent with a certain "humid" quality to it evocative of the New Orleans atmosphere, probably from the moss. I can definitely smell some sort of myrtle in there too, not quite sure what type but possibly lemon myrtle. Not really for me, but definitely one for green fans to check out.

The Halloween: New Orleans perfume oil goes intensely sour and mossy on my skin, but this is pretty nice as a room scent (without my skin chemistry in the mix to mess things up). It smells like fresh peach, lemon floor cleanser (which I adore), and a pot of tea with a little bit of honey. The overall feel is like a clean house with a cozy pot of tea getting ready to serve some friends. It's a great everyday scent and makes me want to invite some friends over. I don't smell any of the sour moss. I thought that I would hate this, since the perfume was dreadful on me, but the room spray version is rather awesome. Clean, but still cozy... :wub2:

The perfume was a surprise love for me so I was excited to try to atmo spray. Very much like the perfume and warms me up as I think of a hot, humid southern evening. Love this!

This is very "humid" feeling and green, slightly lemony like the perfume oil (though the perfume oil is really lemony on me since I amp myrtle to no avail). Not really my type of thing, but I can appreciate the thoughts of Anne Rice's visions of New Orleans that it evokes.

Can't believe I haven't review this yet! It's very evocative of the Mississippi River (we live right by it, although much further north!), but the magnolia and moss is pure south. It's such a lovely, soft, green scent. Perfect for autumn. Love it!

Wow. This is amazing.

This smells slightly aquatic, mossy, but with with a peach blossom note and a douse of sweet tea. It's got some pretty big throw, and it smells like a cozy afternoon in the South.

Floral, feminine, fresh.