Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ishianti

Halloween: Brooklyn

Flowering dogwood, weeping cherry, Korean pine, camellia, moonflower, Alberta spruce, arborvitae, and crab apples.

in bottle: twigs and some sort of gently scented flower

on wet: green and yellow leaves like wow! It's as if someone took the trouble to gather a lot of leaves and then took a shredder to them and added some water.. this is very vegetal. I'm not sure if I like the fresh raw vegetation scent..

it dies down fairly quickly and morphs into something more reminiscent of that gently scented flower that I smelled straight from the bottle. It develops a slightly woodsy quality.

comparing to the notes:
wow I actually can't say what I can smell and what I can't..

This scent just dries down with the gentle scented flower smell with a bit of woodsiness... and stays that way, becoming warmer and fainter.

ITI: It's very woodsy with lots of green, almost to an astringent level. The arborvitae, pine, and spruce are very clear. They just jump out of the imp and assault my nose. There is a little softness from the cherry and moonflower if I concentrate.

Wet: Heavy spruce and arborvita - green and still astringent. There is still a bit of cherry, but when paired with the greenness, it comes across as kind of soapy on a deeper level.

Dry: It smells like I wanted though a shrub garden. I get less softness and it ends up being too green, which is significant because I adore green scents.

The beautiful sappy-resinous evergreen in fall scent of spruce and pine are the backdrop of this scent. It's a very fall sort of smell for the trees to have for me, fitting this scent in general. Camellia and moonflower give a haunting floral element that wafts over everything and makes the space that these trees are in seem almost unreal. There's a dewiness here that makes me think that it has either rained recently, or there was very heavy dew or mist that morning. The other notes don't come out particularly strongly on my skin, but I can sort of feel the shape of them in the scent.

On me, this is a fairly delicate scent, definitely a fall floral. I definitely want to give it some longer wear tests and see how it behaves with a heavier application.