Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Anjali v3

Spices, wood, woods and fruits - I think it's actually cassia, combined with clove, dry ginger, carnation and definitely cedar. At first there is a strong plum that fades or is overtaken by the cedar and spice which my skin love to amp, but I do still get the plum note on drydown - it's possibly that wild plum note from The Witch Queen. There's also a grainy/nutty note here, that reminds me of the Harvest Moons and a little bit of Pomona - maybe that azereole nut? I also get a more evergreeny sort of woodsy note, but resinous - copal, I strongly suspect, or maybe pine pitch - this reminds me of The Illustrated Woman & The Pickled Imp quite a bit but with fruity sweetness instead of vanilla. This becomes spicier and sweeter on my skin over time, unsurprisingly, as I tend to amp both of those.

Edited by fairnymph

Whatever cedar there may be in this behaves remarkably (and unusually) well on my normally cedar-amping skin. It actually reminds me a LOT of Aatos Polemeio, but spicier and a bit juicier, and like in Aatos, what I’m guessing is wild plum manages to tame the cedar. There is actually little morphing from wet stage to drydown; the plum stays at the forefront the entire time, with a woody, spicy and resinous background emerging gradually and warming it up. The clove in this thankfully doesn't amp to ridiculous heights like clove is prone to doing on my kin.The cedar and resins are not in harsh contrast to the plum but rather blend beautifully with it and intensify its sensuality. A very “reddish-purple” scent, for any fellow synaesthesiacs. This is already beautiful and is only going to get deeper and richer with age.

Woody, spicy, resinous. This definitely has cassia, a hit of cedar and something that smells dry spicy - either ginger or carnation.

Not my type of blend at all, but all those spice/resin fans should check it out.

Anjali v3 - This is absolutely the most gorgeously perfect winter scent. :heart: When it's wet, it's a sugary-sweet evergreen scent, as if a pine or fir tree has been laden with sugared berries. As the scent warms up on my skin, the sweet fruit note becomes identifiable as plum, but I still think there may be some berries in there with it. The evergreen remains the base of the scent, but when it warms up on my skin, spices become identifiable. I'm not sure what spices -- other reviewers have mentioned clove and ginger, which could be possible, except clove tends to amp on my skin and it's not doing it in this blend. No matter what, it's a gorgeous sweet-fruit, spice, and evergreen scent that's so amazingly gorgeous and absolutely the perfect winter scent. I'm adding a bottle to my wishlist right now! :wub2:

I get plum here, but it doesn't go juicy like plums usually do on my skin. There's just a hint on spice here, but I don't get clove. The spice stays really subtle. There's a wood note underneath, but it smells more like pine than cedar on my skin. I like it.

Anjali v3 smells like evergreen, sweet spices, and tart berries on my skin. It dries down to mostly sweet spices and more of a dry, resinous, woodsy smell. It reminds me a bit of a holiday potpourri, and would probably be better in an oil warmer than on me.