Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

The Floating Market

A cacophony of curious scents: copaiba balsam, petitgrain, citrus rind, sinicuichi accord, betel nut, wasabi root, coconut palm, and wattleseed layered atop innumerable strange herbs, spices, and woods.

When I first tried The Floating Market I was a bit disappointed: it started out with a herbal lemon note (lemongrass or lemon verbena or citronella, something like that) and after a while it was more smokey than anything else. And I had smokey perfumes I preferred. But today I am suddenly smelling something much closer to what I expected of this. There still is smoke, and herbal lemon, and I could imagine there to be a wasabi note indeed, but the scent is too complex to pin it down to a few notes. Like the floating market: too many different smells to unmix them

Edited by Zorra
Language

In the decant: From the scent description, I can make out balsam, citrus rind, and "strange."  ;)

On my skin:

Wet, it's really got the "innumerable" thing going for it. It might be a bit of balsam and a bit of citrus ring, but it's also got so very much cacophony. As it dries, the citrus unmuddles itself a bit from the rest of the scent. I also get something almost like menthol or eucalyptus. Also, the skin where I'm testing this scent feels cool, like it might if I'd rubbed some Icy Hot on it.

Given time to develop, it becomes slightly herbal and slightly smoky. A lot of the citrus dissipates fairly quickly, and the menthol vibe goes too, though that takes longer than the citrus. It's still a lot of notes together, though, and I don't know that I love the melange they become, though there's certainly nothing unpleasant about it.

This is a weird one. It started out as a smoky, resinous scent on me and became more plant-like over time, eventually settling into a celery scent on me.

I do not wish to smell like celery.