Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sapphy

Chaste Moon 2010

Though March marks the end of the desolation and chill of winter, it is not yet Spring, the time of rebirth, fertility and the Earth's fecundity. March's Full Moon is a Virgin's Moon, pure, youthful, unsullied and innocent. This is the Moon of the Child, and the scent is as soft and gentle as a baby's breath: milky blossoms and soft cream touch the last buds of winter, coupled with crystalline, hazy traditional Lunar oils.

In bottle: Those distinctive "lunar herbs" that almost never work on me and just a touch of creaminess.

Wet: Floraly lunar herbs, the creaminess stays well in the background, smoothing the overall feel of the scent.

Drydown: white florals with a hint of something wintery. That winter note is fresh and clear (the "crystalline" part of the scent description?). Maybe a little ozoney. I'm not really a connoisseur of wintery/icy/minty notes. That tiny bit of cream is still hanging on in the background.

Dry: I really want to like this but it's just not doing it for me. There's a slightly aquatic note floating around in here now. Maybe it's that icy/wintery/crystal note morphing. Like the ice that was formed into tiny crystals on the delicate white blooms is melting. I was hoping the cream would be more apparent but I can hardly smell it.

Long wear: After a few hours a sweet creamy, tiny bit of white floral scent is left on my skin. I like this part. If I could skip the step with the icy/aquatic note so prevalent, I would really like this.

Overall this is going in the swap pile. It does smell good, It's just not something I would really wear. I prefer my florals with something a little more grounded and robust.