Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
persianmouse

Black Death

East African patchouli, bay, tobacco, golden amber, blackened sandalwood, orange peel, lemon verbena, clove, and a touch of lime.

This scent has a lot of notes I really like, as well as a bunch of really iffy ones, so not sure what to expect. In the bottle it's a really dirty patchouli, which is not my favourite thing, though I do like patch in certain combos.

Wet: Ooh, the clove comes out! I like clove a lot. I can't really pick out much of the other notes, just a general dark earthiness and clove. Some sweetness, I think from the tobacco and amber. It's actually much nicer than I expected, sniffing it in the bottle.

Dry: This went through a phase where I was really loving it, lots of clove, hints of lime, it was good! Now it just smells like really dry earthy patchouli. :( Not sure if this one will be wearable for me! I love the label so much though.

This bottle is from 2010, so it's got 7 years of age on it. Upon first whiff from the imp, it smells like a really great rum-based cocktail, or hot rum punch. It's surprisingly fruity, but in a mulled fruits/wine sort of way.

Wet: Spices are huge here! Clove, bay, and tobacco grounded by patchouli. I don't get a ton of sandalwood, lemon verbena, or lime at this point either, but I don't mind one bit. I'm into the dark spices that are going on here.

As this dries down, the amber starts peeking out, and so do the citrus notes. just a touch, though. you have to hunt for them.

This is so lovely and so wearable during colder months.

Edited by strick9