Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Iceblink

Bordello Claw Polish

BORDELLO CLAW POLISH
Metallic Flake Pearl
The bright raspberry of Dance Hall flocked wallpaper. Perfect for any Painted Lady.

Oh, this is so pretty. It's a beautiful raspberry color with LOADS of silvery shimmer. I've got it swatched on a piece of paper and the light bouncing off it is just dazzling! If you like Morgause, this is in the same color family. This suits the name "bordello" so well!

I can't get over how pretty this is. It's a bright raspberry with loads of silver shimmer.

I have to admit that it might just be a tad too bright for me. It's kinda girly, but I feel more like the kind of girl that wears pink a la punk rocker style. You know, with fishnets, instead of pearls. My nail polish colors tend to be pretty subtle/conservative (unless you think about Destroying Angel... but that's more like a fall color).

This isn't. At all.

Bordello Claw Polish - This polish looks gorgeous in the bottle, but the instant I opened it and saw the fresh paint on the brush, I caught my breath because of how beautiful it really is. I was unprepared for the bright, vivid color of the polish. It's a brilliant raspberry color with loads of shimmery silver flecks. The silver is heavier than the polish, so when I apply it to my nails, most of the silver sinks to the bottom (when I remove it, the top layer of raspberry comes off first, leaving a thin layer of pure silver next to the nail!), but enough of the silver remains to give the raspberry a really beautiful flash and shimmer. There is nothing subtle about this nail color, and the first time I wore it, I had many, many people comment on my nail color (all positive comments), something that's never happened before! I love it. I think it may be my favorite nail polish color ever.

In my opinion, this is the best and most distinctive of the Claw Polish shades (though Lady MacBeth and Blood Countess are also very good).

Words like "shimmer" or "fleck" imply a glitter-infused nail polish, and that's not this at all. It shines like solid mica flakes. As you move your fingers it flashes from a deep, true raspberry pink to silver-pink metallic cloisonne and back again.

If I can figure out how to do a decant circle for nail polish, I'm so doing this one, because more it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

This polish is absolutely gorgeous.

I added a bottle of this to my first Trading Post order after reading a review somewhere, and it was everything I hoped for and more. Others have done a pretty good job of describing the color. Nobody has mentioned how easy this is to apply - it just glides onto the nail. The coverage is amazing. A single coat was enough for perfect coverage. It dries quickly and the color lasts forever without chipping or wearing off. The color is a bit bold for me for use on the hands, but I usually wear polish only on my feet anyway, and it is perfect for that. I can't wait until sandal weather!

Agreed about the amazing coverage! I was in a rush to do my nails and one coat took care of them completely with a rich magenta foil color. There is also something I'd like to point out to anyone else who is all too familiar with the downfalls of "foil"-type polishes: this one doesn't thin or fade without topcoat. It even dries to a shiny finish on its own, not that dull semi-matte I remember from that cheap stuff I used to wear in junior high. In the realm of foil polishes this is definitely an upgrade!

Bordello is one of my favorite BPAL oils, so of course the claw polish was on my wishlist. I had the good fortune to be able to visit Dark Delicacies in January, but I knew I had to limit my purchases because I had to get it all home in my carry-on. Del directed me to the claw polish testers, and there was Bordello, singing out to me. TSA be damned, I had to have it. It's beautiful. Bright raspberry and lit from within. The "metallic flake pearl" is perfect--it dries super smooth, super shiny, and it rivals any high-end polish available.

Very pretty metallic magenta in the bottle with lots of sparkle, both magenta and silver. The bottle seems smaller than your mainstream Opi's and others, though. On, it goes on very easy and smooth, same pretty metallic raspberry magenta, though I'm not getting any silver sparkle on my toes, still I like it well enough. It's nice to try The Post's polishes, but to me they seem smaller and just the same amount of money that I'd spend in the drugstore for good quality polishes. That with customs and shipping, it's just not worth it for a Canadian gal to buy on a regular basis. I will say, though, it's high quality polish, very pretty and nice to try. I'll definitely enjoy this one on the toes!