Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
xoe

Questions about BPAL shipping costs in orders

Hello all.

I'm getting ready to place my umpteenth order and just realized something strange. If I'm reading the site right, it looks like shipping is cheaper to Canada than to U.S.

For example I am ordering 2 5mls and 2 sets of imps.

According to the international shipping rules that counts as 4 items, so is $7 to Canada.

Do you sell internationally?

YES! Unfortunately, due to the limitations of our current credit card processing system we can only accept PayPal for any orders placed outside of the United States, Canada included. The following is a quick reference chart for international shipping costs covering Canada, Australasia and Western Europe, verbatim from this thread in the BPAL Forums:

1 item = 1 5ml

1 item = 1 10 ml

1 item = 1 set of imps (6 imps)

If it's 4 items or less, these are the flat rates:

$7 Canada

$9 most of Western Europe

$10 to Australia

If it's 5 items or more = 2 dollars extra to each flat rate.

If 10 items or more, $4 dollars extra to each flat rate.

But, according to the U.S. instructions it is $8.50 because it is between $40 and $100.

What are your shipping rates?

The shipping rates for the US are as follows:

Orders totaling up to $20.00: $5.00

…up to $40.00: $6.50

…up to $100.00: $8.50

…up to $350.00: $12.50

Shipping costs will be waived for all orders over $500.00.

Does that seem right? Am I reading something wrong? Why would it cost less to send internationally?

Because International Shipping and Domestic Shipping have different rates. I know that it would have cost my parents $45 to send a medium-sized package priority mail in the US. The Lab ships domestic orders via priority mail, which is $3.95 for the first pound, and goes up progressively from there.

Plus also, they might be using any money not used on the actual price of domestic shipping to pay CCNow fees, Paypal fees, or even to purchase more oils for more products. Oui?

ETA: I don't know international rates, priority or otherwise, so I can't quote back on those.

Edited by pekeana

Oh. That makes sense. I really thought that it must be a mistake of some sort.

Not that it matters, I'm still placing the order! I mean, $7 or $8.50 or $9.00 or whatever is fine for shipping. Must have... must have... must have.

Edited by xoe

Not that it matters, I'm still placing the order! I mean, $7 or $8.50 or $9.00 or whatever is fine for shipping. Must have... must have... must  have.

God, tell me about it!

I can't justify the shipping on soaps, but I'll give anything for the BPAL Empire.

*empties out my wallet on the table*

Beth, just take it all! I want to smell like a goddess!

*spaz*

*empties out my wallet on the table*

:P I love that!

It's even funnier when you know that there's a grand total of $0.30 in pennies in there and not much else.

[Hey look, is that a twenty in my pocket? Why yes, it's right here next to my ID, discount card, Best Buy rewards card, bank card, credit card, and about 3 other twenty dollar bills! Haha! Who needs a wallet, anyway?]

Hmm.

I have placed $300 orders before and shipping was only $12.50, which is what the site says it should be, but the site charged me $20 for shipping. Anyone know about this?

Then, stupid me, thought that the King and Queen of Diamonds would not be available UNTIL November 15th. After I realized it was available until the 15th, I had to place a second order. Ugh $28 in shipping charges sucks. Thats a couple bottles!!

I had $12.50 worth of shipping for a $150 (rounded off) order. So they didn't overcharge me. Did you by any chance go over $350? Because then the shipping goes up over $350 but it doesn't list how much

It may have been $375 but I thought I checked the site and the highest it went was $12.50. I'll have to check again. My last $350 order was only $12.50. Oh well, just wondering about it.

I checked out the site for ya and it said up to $350 was $12.50 shipping and then it goes directly to $550 being free shipping. (One day I will buy over $500 worth of BPAL in one order...ah, goals!)

yeah, i wasn't sure about that gap either.. mine came to 363 after i added in the K/Q of Diamonds, so i just went with the 12.50 (using paypal so it isn't automatically added). confuzzling.

on a side note, it's a shame that this update didn't happen on the 28th, since paypal is essentially not charging service fees tomorrow because they messed the joint up for a few days. heh. i can imagine how much extra the lab would've made, then!

Recently, the PayPal site had technology issues that may have hindered your ability to conduct business using PayPal.

To show our appreciation for your continued business, we're going to credit you for PayPal transaction fees incurred on October 28, 2004, between 12:00:00 AM PDT and 11:59:59 PM PDT.†

You don't need to do anything to receive your credit. We'll add up the transaction fees you accumulate, and send a credit to your PayPal account by November 25, 2004.

I got a $20 shipping fee when I went above $350 (via ccnow).

Whoa, old topic. It fits the bill, though. So I was messing around with what-if tonight, and I noticed something odd. If I have 3 GC's and 6 LE's (both at standard prices- $15 and $18) in my cart, shipping is $11... but if I have 4 GC's and 5 LE's (again, standard prices), shipping is $6.50. It's the same amount of bottles, and therefore the same weight, so why does shipping change?

ETA: I'm not sure how the shipping calculator works at the moment, but now I'm wondering if it's based off of the price before shipping- I thought that was changed when postal costs increased, though. Maybe the scale just bumped up a bit? I'll go look and see if I've put my foot in my mouth.

EDIT2: Yep, I have. :P From the website:

The shipping rates for the US are as follows:

Orders totaling up to $150.00: $6.50

…up to $300.00: $11.00

…up to $500.00: $13.00

Well. I feel foolish for not figuring that out more quickly.

Edited by cordia

Sign in to follow this